Lens Hood

Kenny32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ugh...So my lens hood is no where to be found...I have no idea what I did with it...I sold my other camera with my camera bag, so I have a feeling I left it in there.

So for the Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 it says the filter size is 77mm...Does this mean I need a lens hood with a diameter of 77mm?

Also...Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement hood similar or better to the one that comes with the lens?

Call up Sigma, i wasnt able to find any for sale on the web.

Ugh...So my lens hood is no where to be found...I have no idea what I did with it...I sold my other camera with my camera bag, so I have a feeling I left it in there.

So for the Sigma 70-200 F/2.8 it says the filter size is 77mm...Does this mean I need a lens hood with a diameter of 77mm?

Yes

Also...Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement hood similar or better to the one that comes with the lens?

Sigma! Because it's not just the front diameter that matters, it's also the exact size and shape, width and depth of the hood. Hoods are specifically designed for a particular lens and focal length range.
The 77mm hood of a wide angle lens will fit on the front of your lens, but will be practically non-functional. The 77mm hood of a 300mm lens may fit on the front of your lens too, but it will cause very serious vignetting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back