Lens is a four letter word.

so I posted it here (I am withholding the name of the person who PM'ed me, however... I may be a jerk but I am not an ass).

Well done and perfectly acceptable I think.

But it would be an interesting idea to get old Shakespearean English alive again on the forum. I always did like "thou" and "thy" and "hast".

Well done and perfectly acceptable I think.

But it would be an interesting idea to get old Shakespearean English alive again on the forum. I always did like "thou" and "thy" and "hast".

I totally could go for that...

By the way, Alex, I want to complement you and the other multilingual people here on what a fantastic job you do on your language skills. I must agree with a previous poster that I have a serious hole in my education. I can only speak English, and I find that slightly embarassing.

Watashi wa nihnogo o hanashimasu.............. but not that well.

Eh, I'm basically an English only person. I hope I haven't annoyed too many people on this forum.

Dont take my comment offensively, I just had to add that in there.. But yeah I found it halerious.. Just my way of messing with you Sabbath.. My pet peeve word is Tomorrow

If you ever go to a younger forum (geared towards peopel in their early teens) they cannot spell "couch" to save anyone's life. They'll be roleplaying like so:

*Walks in room and site on the cowch(or couche or coach or caoch)*

If you ever go to a younger forum (geared towards peopel in their early teens) they cannot spell "couch" to save anyone's life. They'll be roleplaying like so:

*Walks in room and site on the cowch(or couche or coach or caoch)*

LOL for both the spelling and that it's during roleplaying! :lol:

May I add my LOL here...it´s a cool thread...and about time.

I teach English...to Germans mostly, and it´s amazing how good at spelling they are. The grammar is of course a bit of a battle...but that´s another issue.

Anyway...if we tried to count the errors (not counting DSLR´s leg-pulling) on THIS page, up to this point, I think some of us would be stunned...flabbergasted even ;) I haven´t tried to count them but there are heaps, and many "committed" by people calling for higher standards.

I like Alex´s pun...was it deliberate? Yeah...let´s relax, and be OBJECTIVE :lol:

Do those errors include misspelt nicknames :) Sarcasm is lost on the internet. Sabbath your original post needs more smilies :D:D:D

Perhaps it would be better if we all used English in this forum. Many in this forum, at least in this post, are not using English. We are conversing in North American, or a variant there of. A language that at times is only loosely related to English. (You cats digging my jive?)

For the true and proper use of English one would, in all probability, have to pop across the pond to Great Brittan, were one could, in one of the great centers of learning such as Cambridge, become well versed in the English language. However, seeing as this is an international forum, a photographic United Nations as it were, I believe that unless the use of the language is so utterly butchered as to render it unintelligible, we should all over look the minor foibles of others.

Otherwise you'se all can just go suck eggs!!! Cause I ain't buying it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to all of those individuals whom are Oxford graduates. I meant no disrespect for not including Oxford with Cambridge.

"And when I mentioned the 3 great universities, Oxford, Cambridge, and Hull, you failed to realise that only 2 of those are great universities."
"Yeah. Oxford is a complete dump."

Bonus points for the local colloquial who correctly identifies the source of this quote without google :)

I am glad people on this forum refer to me as "DSLR" and not "Noob."

Sorry, just wanted to say that.

Hey...you´ve been here long enough, can you get your Nom de plume changed to DSLR Nob now please :D

@ somebody else earlier "Great Brittan" ??? :lmao:

Most reactions

Back