Lens Mount - any way to fix ?

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So is this camera just toast ?
camera with lens rolled off a chair. And viola, lens mount is messed up- or the body part behind the lens mount in reality.
IMG_7732[1].JPG

IMG_7733[1].JPG

IMG_7734[1].JPG

Ouch! Any shops nearby that could look?

Send it to the experts. Take out the memory cards and battery first, just in case.

It's not just the mount. It's the part of the body it's attached to. At least one screw is stripped out of it. Maybe one or two more.

I'm sure it's repairable, but it may well be not economically repairable... :( That sucks! 32" Hg worth!!!!!

well, I figured it was dead.
But it was either the camera or JC and me.

We were taking pics, we walked past a KillDear (see photos in another thread). It had just taken down a deer and ripped it to shreds. On the way back it started stalking us. Then it tried attacking. We fended it off with our cameras and survived

Or something remotely like that, I don't recall any more. it's all just a blur. LOL

now I'm in the market for a D600 or D610 or maybe D750. Just bad timing $$$-wise.

Ouch! Any shops nearby that could look?
actually there's a 3rd party Nikon service center about 40 miles from me.
But looking at it, I assume it's toast. Too bad. I was going to check for spots again and hope for a free d610 upgrade :(

It should cost the same regardless of the camera, so a D600 might be worth fixing.

........I was going to check for spots again and hope for a free d610 upgrade :(

I see a really bad spot! :048:

It was worth it to me to have a D90 fixed that had a 500 mm lens ripped off it by a soccer ball.
Every mount attachment screws was ripped out of the body.
They also had to replace the rear LCD.
Cost was like $250. Nikon USA Service (El Segundo) did the repair.

Dude, that sucks.. When Tony Northrup first got the 5d3 a few years back, we were out shooting and he took a tumble. His camera lens mount looked a lot like yours.. It was over 1k to fix it. You should send it to Nikon for an estimate, but it is probably beyond economic repair.. :(

well there's a place by me which is Nikon Repair place. I saw it on NikonUsa's website about 3rd party nikon repair places that are authorized to fix grey market Nikons under warranty. So I guess I'll take it there.

A new/used D600/D610 or a D750 is mucho $$$ for me.

Dude, that sucks.. When Tony Northrup first got the 5d3 a few years back, we were out shooting and he took a tumble. His camera lens mount looked a lot like yours.. It was over 1k to fix it. You should send it to Nikon for an estimate, but it is probably beyond economic repair.. :(
Do you have a spare Nikon around?
Or maybe a loaner Canon with 500mm lens ?

Do you have a spare Nikon around?
Or maybe a loaner Canon with 500mm lens ?
I'm really sorry but I'm fresh out... :(

I was at the camera store
They have a device that corrects any misalignments to the mount
As apparently this happens a lot

Most reactions

Back