• Total voters

Lost Dutchman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
image.jpg
image.jpg

Maybe it's the eye of Sauron just starting to show. Were you anywhere near Mount Doom?

Seriously though I have no idea so I'll just wait for someone more knowlegeable than myself to post. Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself.

Do you have a UV 'protection' filter on the lens?
Looks like Newton's rings.
Yes. The pic was taken by T2i 17-55 lens with shutter opened to 20 sec at 2.8 ISO 400. I had no evidence of rings in earlier pics. Then rings then none. Very confusing.

Yes. The pic was taken by T2i 17-55 lens with shutter opened to 20 sec at 2.8 ISO 400. I had no evidence of rings in earlier pics. Then rings then none. Very confusing.
So the UV filter was causing them.

Note from Wikipedia they only look like this when the light is monochromatic. Since your picture is all green that is further positive evidence leading to this conclusion.

Were your previous pictures without the rings more colorful?

What about radio frequency interference?

I wouldn't think RFI would be so symmetrical - more random; think about how static sounds.

I'll go with the filter. I would pitch it or save it for use with color film in the mountains. If you want to continue using it, just remove it before shooting, then replace it after you're done.

Note from Wikipedia they only look like this when the light is monochromatic. Since your picture is all green that is further positive evidence leading to this conclusion.

Ahhh I see now. You're saying because of there being so much green in the shot it could be the cause. Let me look into this monochromatic. If thats the case in away its going to suck cuz the green in the pic are the northern lights and there mostly always green. I can adjust for this in the camera but it well take away from the pic.

Ahhh I see now. You're saying because of there being so much green in the shot it could be the cause. Let me look into this monochromatic. If thats the case in away its going to suck cuz the green in the pic are the northern lights and there mostly always green. I can adjust for this in the camera but it well take away from the pic.
Oh I've told to that it could be banding too

I guess we can chalk up another opportunity for a protective or UV filter to "do its thing", eh?

I wouldn't think RFI would be so symmetrical - more random; think about how static sounds.

I'll go with the filter. I would pitch it or save it for use with color film in the mountains. If you want to continue using it, just remove it before shooting, then replace it after you're done.
Know all about RFI. Will give your idea a go tonight as the northern lights are going to be good again tonight.
Thanks

Let me look into this monochromatic.

mono = 1
chroma = color
tic = it's an adjective
Thanks everyone got to get my gear ready for tonight. In a ghost town tonight going try and use the abandoned buildings in my pics and something I learned the other night. If all works well I'll post a few for advice and or criticism.
Thanks again
Hope to return the favour or pay forward.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back