Lens prob

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay, I've been stupid.
I put a lens on my camera without really knowing wheter it would fit or not. Seemed to fit. Now I can't unscrew it.

Any ideas on what to do?
The repair shops should be open tomorrow, I'll ask them what possibilities there are.
But are there any chances at all? Please? Tell me there are.

As long as you didn't force it on it should come off easily. Looks for a release button on the camera and lens.

Or hit it really hard with a rolling pin. Then take the lot to the camera shop. "it was like it when I got it"

What lens with what camera? ;)

t'was a pentax 135mm on a zenit ET.

Well, now it seems all fixed. I took the zenit apart as much as i could with the knowledge i'll have to put it back togeter. I saw there was nothing blocking the lens, so i thought it wouldn't do any harm to just put more strenght into unscrewing it.
My father took it off, finally.
It made a wierd dry sound when the lens came off, but neither the lens or the camera seem to have the least damage.

I guess I just panicked on the spur of the moment more than anything :er: :lol:

...relief.

I love my zenit.

Anyway, thanks a lot, guys!

Zenits are tough as nails. The only problem is that soviet manufacturing practices, while never faulted for turning out a sturdy product [you can drive nails with many of the old 35mm bodies!], were sometimes a bit sloppy on the precision side. Your camera's M42 threads might have been cut with a tool which was a bit worn and produced threads outside normal tolerances. You can avoid galling through the application of a very slight smidgeon of silicone lubricant.

Most reactions

Back