kelox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Coming to you live from Planet MAXXUM, home of the
Website
homepage.mac.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking to get a couple of lenses in the very near future to go on a Maxxum 7D. I know that you get what you pay for, but for use in the desert what would you folks recommend, keeping in mind that I don't plan on spending a hugh amount of money on these lenses to be used here. I have seen the following manufacturers and would like anyone/everyone's opinion on them.
Sigma, Tamron, Phoenix, vivitar, Tokina, and of course Konica Minolta.

Thanks in advance for all the great advice I'll receive. :wink:

You have to judge each lens on it's own, not the brand name on the label. Every manufacturer makes gems and dogs. Pick a specific model lens, and search for reviews on the internet, or ask about it on this forum.

Thanks, that's just what I've done. I would like to know what anyone thinks of these two deals at Adorama. The first is a Sigma 18mm - 50mm f/3.5-5.6 Autofocus Zoom DC Aspherical Lens for Minolta Maxxum Digital SLR Cameras for $139. The second is Sigma Digital Twin Zoom Kit with 18mm - 50mm f/3.5-5.6 Super-Wide Angle & 55mm - 200mm f/4.0-5.6 Telephoto AF Zoom Lenses for Minolta Maxxum Digital SLR Cameras for $239. Let me know what you think, anybody.

I've also found this deal at Ritz's website; Sigma - Two Lens Zoom Kit with 28-80 & 70-300 plus Gadget Bag for Minolta AF for $229. Two lenses plus a bag. I have noticed the difference in the lenses. Is that a big deal to someone looking to get a couple of starter lenses or would either set be fine? I guess what I'm asking is are these sets geared towards a specific task or are they good general all around use lenses? thanks for all the input so far guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back