Lens question

spaz2145

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have a nikon coolpix 8700 (you cant remove lense but you can screw stuff,such as filters, onto it) and on the side it says

8.9-71.2mm 1:2.8-4.2

what size filter should i get??

Thats just telling you the zoom factors, the size you should get should be a number next to a little circle with a line through it.

Thats just telling you the zoom factors, the size you should get should be a number next to a little circle with a line through it.

OK where on my camera would i find this?? lol

dude common, It says the converters you have to buy here...
Fisheye Converter FC-E9, Wideangle Converter WC-E80, Telephoto Converter TC-E15ED, Step-Down Ring Lens Adapter UR-E12, Lens Hood HR-E5700, Lens Hood HN-CP11, AC Adapter EH-53, Car Battery Charger (12V DC in) MH-53C, Remote Cord MC-EU1, Soft Case CS-CP11, Various size CompactFlash™ cards

Those are the model numbers of all the converters, wouldn't recommend buying off brand

Fisheye Converter FC-E9, Wideangle Converter WC-E80, Telephoto Converter TC-E15ED, Step-Down Ring Lens Adapter UR-E12, Lens Hood HR-E5700, Lens Hood HN-CP11, AC Adapter EH-53, Car Battery Charger (12V DC in) MH-53C, Remote Cord MC-EU1, Soft Case CS-CP11, Various size CompactFlash™ cards

Those are the model numbers of all the converters, wouldn't recommend buying off brand

but what sized filters (such as UV filters) should i get. I'n looking for a mm size... sorry buy I'm new to this :meh: Thanks for the help :angel:

Plz helpp i'm despirateeee :lmao: :lol:

Jeepers. Look here.

And then look at the 9th result.

Also, it's a forum. Not a chat room. It will take more than ten minutes for people to respond.

Jeepers. Look here.

And then look at the 9th result.

Also, it's a forum. Not a chat room. It will take more than ten minutes for people to respond.

Thanks. Jeepers is a funny word :lol: and can you send an exact link because theres a few ways that the 9th entry can be interputed( because there are store ads in the middle that may change ) thanks

I've been searching for hours, but considering this is my first camera and I'm 14 and don't understand any of it, it is like another language, which is why I asked here :biggrin:

Most reactions

Back