Lens Question

nameless_wonder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First off I am new to the forum so saying HELLO and I also have a question.

I am starting up a photography website with my family and my brother and mum are taking the pictures and I then look at them and decide which ones will go on the site.

My mum uses a digital camera and all the images come out crisp, my brother uses a professional flim camera and some of the images have blurry black/blue marks in the corners of each photograph.

Does anyone know what I am talking about?? because I need to know if this problem is down to his equipment or his technique of taking photographs?

Welcome but we need more info' on what camera/lenses/setup etc. your brother is using.
My first thought is vignetting but that's a pure guess.

I will find out this for you when i get a chance to speak to him, he is sleeping right now, 02.36 here in london UK.

I have attached a image link of one of the pictures.

thumb_466dd735ef039d212d9053331921cb6a.jpg

photogoddess said:
Looks like vignetting to me. Is he using any kind of step down ring or large hood?

Thanks for the replies, I will find out this info for you

Is this sort of problem mainly down to the photographer or the lens?? or a bit of both?

It looks like vignetting...caused by something blocking the outside edge of the lens.

Ask him what he has on the outside of the lens. It's probably a filter or a lens hood...that are too small.

The vignetting is not too serious though...why not just crop it off. You are working with digital photos (or scanned photos) so just crop it.

Most reactions

Back