Lens questions

AshleeJo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I had some questions about some lenses I've recently acquired. A few months ago a friend of the family found two 30 year old camera's in his basement. He gave one to me - a Pentax K1000 (35mm). His camera broke last month, and he passed on some of the lenses to me. I've had some experience with SLR's (I used to own a Rebel K2) but I don't know much about these that he's given me.

One is a Tou/five star 75-200mm telephoto lens, and one is a 50mm Minolta MD Rokkor-x. I've tried to put them on the Pentax but they don't seem to fit right. I didn't want to mess them up so I didn't try too hard, I figured I'd be better off asking somebody more experienced. Soo... is there something I need to know about them? Or are they not sized for this camera? Any help would be appreciated.

The Minolta Rokkor-X 50mm lens will be in Minolta mount with either the MD or MC meter coupling. It will only fit older non-AF Minolta cameras. It will not fit any Pentax of any vintage.

The Tou/Five Star 75-200 could be in any one of a number of mounts. These were inexpensive off-brand lenses of very marginal quality. It may in the Minolta mount like the 50mm Rokkor.

Most reactions

Back