Lens Recommendation- Blogger

tbrooks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

I currently own a 50mm, and the 70-200mm. Those work great outdoors and for portraits, however I'm looking for a wide angle to add to my collection.

I'm looking for some lens recommendations that fit my wishlist:
1) I take many photos inside my house since I'm a blogger, but I can never fit even half a room into my shot using the 50mm. So I'm looking for something that can work well with small spaces.

2) When I take a photo standing over an object, at 5'2, I can never fit the object into the frame, I need to stand on something. I'm hoping to find a lens that when standing can fit my object into the shot.

3) I would love something with decent zooming capabilities.

4) My house doesn't have the most natural light, so something that performs well in low light would be nice too.

*Bonus* A lens that would allow me to turn the camera around and take an occasional selfie ;-). I'm not able to do that with my 50.

Thanks!

The Tokina 11-20mm f/2.8 is a good option. At 20mm it may even be long enough to not be obnoxiously wide for selfies, though it's quite a load to hold out at arm's length.

The f/2.8 maximum relative aperture can come in handy to tackle with the low light conditions, though adding light is a far better option. You'll actually get better looking shots with good light.

Most reactions

Back