Lens repair - who dose it?

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thread title says it all really, I have two lens's in need of repair. My 80 - 200 FD mount has a case of athletes lens requiring some substantial deep internal cleaning and my 135mm FD mount has a stubborn aperture ring.

The 135 appears to have been dismantled and (I assume improperly) reassembled, I assume this to be the cause of the stubborn ring. When I purchased it I was informed the ring was jammed, within five minuets of receiving it I had freed it up considerably and can use it. I have some concerns though, it dose not make the clicking sound it should and freeing it up causes play in the lens on it's mount, I got rid of the play and managed to keep some usability to the aperture ring. Never the less I would like to get it back to right.

The 80 - 200 appears to have had some fluid get into the lens and there in some notable fungal growth on one of the inner lenses that needs to be removed.

Given what I paid for these, I would not be too awful concerned about trying to take them apart and fix them my self, but I feel the need to ask if there is any one here that may be able to do it right the first time.

why don't you just buy new ones? I found the Sakar on ebay for $20.

It would be cheaper to just buy a new one as opposed to fixing the one you've got.

It would be cheaper to just buy a new one as opposed to fixing the one you've got.
I got both of those for $20, like I said I am not going to be too worried about diong it my self, I just wanted to make sure there was not an easier and more effective means of geting it done.

You got a link for that Sakar if it's still available, this one is irreparable. I put it back to gether and it is fully fuctional but my aprature settings move to freely and change with the slightest bump.
100_2354.jpg

100_2356.jpg

the 200 mm was fully repaired and and is in use, sadly I won't get the pics back untill next week but...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back