Lens suggestions

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Foxtrot, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Foxtrot

Foxtrot TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi ladies and gents,
    I am new to the forum, but have a bit of photography knowledge behind me...I do a lot of concert photography And I was wondering if anyone else has done much of this and if so what are you using?

I have a 28-135mm F3.5 IS lens for my Rebel XT, which works fairly well when I have no idea where I will be standing in crowds, and I get some solid results out of it. If I can get closer I like to use my 50mm F1.8 Wide open even though the pictures seem to have less color saturation than the 28-135, I like the depthe of Field that I can get from it.

Any suggestions on Lens's ....or even filter ideas...I just use either UV or a polarizing filter right now.
    thanks - foxtrot

2. keith204

keith204 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    85mm f/1.8 if you can't always get close.

Also... Welcome!

3. Warhawk

Warhawk TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I also do alot of concerts and i currently use the Canon 24-70mm f2.8 on my 40D. The reason for this is that when im on stage with a band performing, a 70-200mm lens is a bit to much.

If its not a band performing, but something like a Opera that you have to take photos of, i suggest the 70-200mm, this way you can get out of the crowds and still get good shots!