Lens vs Pinhole

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These photos were taken with the Bender 4x5 from a tripod. Just an experiment with interesting results.
img049.jpg

Schnieder 180mm lens, Kodak 100T film

img048.jpg

Laser cut pinhole, Kodak 100T film

"Laser-cut pinhole".....? Explain a bit more for the un-read and greatly challenged among us (me!).

btw, I just love the colors you get with that film!!

ksmattfish said:
The pinhole is made using a laser rather than a drill (or pin).

Oh! There's like, an element of danger, then.... :eek:

You guys scare me. :wink:

I still don't get what is it :) I have to look it up in a dictionary :) But photos are very nice

I did not make the pinhole. It was purchased from a vendor. It is made of brass shim stock. I mounted it in a 4x4 'lens' board. The interesting aspect of this experiment is the similarity of the 2 images. Consider the cost of the lens at about $200 and the cost of the pinhole at about $3.

P Bailey said:
similarity of the 2 images

They do look alike as small files, but how would they compare as 16"x20" prints? :wink: Schneider makes some of the best lenses there are; what model is it?

I did not make the pinhole
I'm with Terri. You get to say "Yeah, it's a LASER pinole." That's worth something in my universe :) Kinda like if Rollei made 110 point and shoots.........

Interesting comparison though........

ksmattfish said:
P Bailey said:
similarity of the 2 images

They do look alike as small files, but how would they compare as 16"x20" prints? :wink: Schneider makes some of the best lenses there are; what model is it?

I expect the 'pinhole' photo would fall apart at that size. I don't recall the model of the lens, but it does produce a higih quality negative.

Most reactions

Back