Lensbaby, yes, or no?

but , now back to the children (our little lensbabies), whats everyones thought on those, that hasnt contributed? check out rmh159's new thread "Has that pic been Photoshop'ed? " if you would like to continue the discussion above with us.

yea, the problem is, now everyone is buying minolta lenses for that reason, so they're still expensive (relatively) on ebay and there are usually quite a few bids, i'd have to check out a camera store though for some, maybe they'd have better prices. One thing i dont understand is , whats the difference between a macro lens, and something like a 70-300? its the macro lens just a lens that is always set at 100mm? would it produce close to the same results as a zoom lens at 100mm? (i would assume possibly they'd be clearer because it woudl be a prime lens, but is that the only difference?)
A macro lens is a lens which produces a 1:1 aspect ratio from subject to film/sensor. It's not a specific focal length, it's a category (well, it's become a category at least)

The Sigma 70-300 has macro-like abilities from the 180mm to 300mm range, with the flick of a switch. However, this isn't true macro, but it's close enough to it for most people's usage (I'm actually contemplating buying that exact lens right now as well, I have it on my wishlist on the site I purchase from :p ) as it gives a 1:2 ratio, not the true 1:1.

Hope this helped ya Shorty

Btw, I'm a newb too, so if I was incorrect about any of that, feel free to correct me :D

what if i could get a like-new lensbaby for around 55 dollars on ebay (2nd gen.) , then woudl it be worth it?

ok, never mind, someone outbid me by a dollar...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back