Lensbaby

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So as testimont that banners work, I clicked on that banner and I want one.

Go figure that internet advertising might work.

Those things are cool, and would totally make some really sweet shots at clubs.

I won one of those a while back, I really liked it... I sold it to one of the TPFrs here... so I could get that extra bit of cash for my 50mm. :)

The Lensbabies are really great though! I wish I had one now. :D

Now I have a decision to make. Fisheye, or one of these?

Can any of you tell me, can't you just buy something that slides over the end of a normal lens to give a fisheye look to pictures?

bace said:
Now I have a decision to make. Fisheye, or one of these?

Can any of you tell me, can't you just buy something that slides over the end of a normal lens to give a fisheye look to pictures?

It's all quality really. There are WA adaptors for various lens sizes, but they are no substitute for a proper fish-eye. Proper fish-eye lenses are very expensive normally.

This one is very cool, and I want it:
http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/pro...ed_focal_length/ef_15mm_f28_fisheye/index.asp

Rob

I'll probably get the lensbaby. Hasn't been done before for club photography. Wanna be the guy who does it "FIRST!"

I think a lensbaby would be really cool for club pictures, but would you be able to focus it properly? They're quite dark aren't they?

Rob

bace said:
I'll probably get the lensbaby. Hasn't been done before for club photography. Wanna be the guy who does it "FIRST!"

Yea should work pretty good i reckon, could give the impression of being totally p***ed, or druged up or summin. I really want one aswell, but trying to simulate it in ps at the mo..... i can get the 'sweet spot' look, but its the unique distortions that are hard to replicate.

edit: good point rob...you may have low light issues

Good point. Hmm....always thinkin you are aren't you.

I'm sure I could make it work for some pics. It would be an experiment of sorts. Plus, it's still great of other shoots aswell.

bace said:
Good point. Hmm....always thinkin you are aren't you.

I'm sure I could make it work for some pics. It would be an experiment of sorts. Plus, it's still great of other shoots aswell.

Just stick it on f8 and make it up as you go along! You're bound to get one or two lucky hits if you keep shooting.

Rob

Rob said:
Just stick it on f8 and make it up as you go along! You're bound to get one or two lucky hits if you keep shooting.

Rob
That's what I was going to suggest. The area of distortion is much less noticeable at f8. Once you've played with it a little, you can try some more.

And how cool IS that banner up there, anyway? :thumbup: I just love it! :)

can you replicate the effect of a Lensbaby using photoshop?

JohnMF said:

I'v kinda got something going, but its still in production at the mo!.... just by duplicating the layer, putting a motion blur (or other depending what ps you've got) one one layer..... layer masking it and then brush through your sweet spot to the focused layer beneath, you can also do a load of other things, like distort, smudge, whatever to make it look more authentic...... but i'm still not sure, i'd defo prefer a Lens baby.

JohnMF said:
Go on, already! ;)

Click that banner, you know you want to. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back