Lensbaby

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone have one of these?
Anyone want one of these?

Could similar effects be made with filters?

Everywhere I look I'm tempted by their ads. Online, in magazines. I've been through the galleries of each one and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

I've seen filters with the soft effect but I've noticed the effect is through the frame where as lensbabies are in focus in the middle and slowly fade outward.

I know the filters you talk of... I think the lensbaby is different... you can change the size of the "sweetspot" threw aperture rings and move it around the frame...You can also play with the intensity of the blur...getting it just right takes abit of practice... I have seen a lot of people go a bit too crazy with it... I have the 2.0 but need to play with it more before posting much of it...

I've been looking at all kinds of sample pictures for the last hour or so and more and more I'm convinced I NEED to buy one (im a compulsive buyer so im trying to pretend like i've given this purchase alot of thought. and this way when my bf asks i can say 'yes honey.. i did alot of research and it could significally help my game') :D
I imagine I'll have one purchased within the hour.
The 3G is a bit pricey so I'm considering the 2.0. I already have an account set up and it's in my shopping cart:wink:

I've decided to order. While finishing up in the checkout it asked if I had a discount coupon. I dont. But I want one.
Anyone ever see them in ads or anything?
I'm checking my photo mags. Sometimes ads in there have discount codes.

Way back in the dark ages of photography, we used a bit of vaseline on a filter to soften the focus. It had the advantages of low cost and infinite adjustment.

Of course, clean-up had to be addressed, too.

Or you could try this:

http://www.dennisonbertram.com/hackmaster/2005/02/tilt-shift-pc-lens.htm

Or you could macguiver a lens out of:

A body cap for your camera.
An exacto knife.
Some hot glue.
Black plastic trash bags.
Black electric tape.
And a jeweler's loupe.

Some effects I've seen made of these homemade lenses were very dreamy and lensbaby-like. I tried making one out of the bellows and lens of an old kodak tourist camera, but it turned into a telephoto on my xti.

You might have luck with a coupon of you sign up for an e-mail thing. I get emails from a few sites and every now and then you geta coupon

I have spent years trying to learn to take sharp clear photos, and now they are selling lenses to make them blurry. I dont get it. I guess I am just not an "artist".

Most reactions

Back