Lense for Nikon D70?

On keh? It tells you the condition, they are well regarded and if it says its in good condition, could probably be trusted. (probably, nothing is garunteed.)

Yeah I saw that so I edited my post. I wonder if they send it into the business and the people behind the website inspect it, and put it back up for sale. Hopefully haha.

There are so many different lenses out there (pre-owned ones too) so it really matters what you want to shoot. Wildlife is long, portraits are middle, architecture and landscapes are wide... but of course everything else works in every conceivable combinations.

What are you the most "into" right now? Are you shooting sports? People on the street? Friends at concerts and parties? Think of the lens as a tool, and think about the photographic task you're trying to solve.

...like a lot of people here, I like the simplicity of a "prime" lens - a fixed focal length. Get a 35mm or 50mm lens. They're small and light, and give you some interesting flexibility.

No one mentioned Amazon..Amazon has some real good prices when it comes to photography related stuff and most of it comes from well known retailers. I saved about $10 on a flash from 17th Street Photo by purchasing it through Amazon. Oh and yes I know this thread is a month old.

LENS singular

LENSES plural

:wink:

don't get the D60 - D70 has AF built into it, D60 doesn't, which limits selection.

D80 would be wiser. . .

Well do you think I should stay with a D70 and stock lense, or D60 and be able to afford another lense? Because I don't think I would be able to fit it into my budget for a new lense without the money he said he would give me.

I think you're missing the fact that a lens for the d60, which needs a focus motor, will cost significantly more then the same quality lens for the d70 which has an on-camera focus motor.

That said, when someone asks "what lens should I get" without any information provided as to budget or quality needs there's only one answer: 50mm f1.8

Most reactions

Back