lense for Pentax ist ds

waboo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I need to know if I can use a different type of lense instead of a pentax lense. Some are very expensive. If I can what type?

You need a lens that has a Pentax "K" mount, actually it might be the "Kaf" mount that you need (which is almost the same but requires certain electronic connections), I'm not positive. With an adaptor you may be able to use certain lenses from other manufacturers.

I doubt you would find better glass than Pentax, they have long been as good or better than the competition.

Dave

You need Pentax KAF mount lenses You can get K mount to fire (at least hte istD) but it will not meter. I know sigma and tamaron both make lenses that would work. I'd suggest going to http://www.bhphoto.com and shop for lenses. They have a large selection and you can easily find out what is made that will work with pentax.

Also, keep in mind that the price of a lens generally says a lot about its quality

thanks for the update I needed that tip

tr0gd0o0r said:
Also, keep in mind that the price of a lens generally says a lot about its quality

(I imagine you meant this but just to clarify) The above statemtent holds generally true when comparing similar lenses, ie. 50/2 to 50/2. However when you get into different lenses it's best to know what you're paying for. A 300/2.8 is going to be very expensive even though the image quality may be no better, and in some cases even bested by a much cheaper 300/5.6. If you need the big aperature, you need to pay the money, if you don't you're not getting anything for the increased cost.

Dave

Most reactions

Back