lense kit

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by mortallis288, Sep 26, 2006.

1. mortallis288

mortallis288 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. Dylan

Dylan TPF Noob!

See this thread. It seems that many people have opinions about this brand. My advice, you get what you pay for but if you can't afford a really good lens don't let that keep you from taking pictures. ;)

3. Tiberius

Tiberius TPF Noob!

I personally wouldn't go for it.

On a digital, 28mm just isn't wide enough, plus that lens (or at least the Quantaray 28-80 I tried) is incredibly soft and not that impressive. I haven't used the 70-300, although it usually gets average reviews.

4. mortallis288

mortallis288 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    everyone usually says to get lense kits to start off with, does nayone have any other suggestions?

5. Tiberius

Tiberius TPF Noob!

Not the lens kit, the kit lens shipped by the manufacturer. The Nikon/Canon 18-55mm for the D50 or 350D/400D or the 18-70mm for any of the higher-end Nikons.

6. Kevin D

Kevin D TPF Noob!

I have that exact set for sale if your interested. Letting it go for a song. Not the best lenses you could buy but for the price hard to beat. email me if your interested. de21801@sbcglobal.net

7. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

That's a really tough question to answer. Those lenses are cheap, budget zooms. If you're not likely to have a spare couple of thousand dollars in the near future, then they may well be a good way to attain a wide focal length.

However, if you are mad keen on photography and are pushing the limits all the time... then they probably won't cut the mustard and you may end up leaving them at home and wanting something "better".

They're very cheap though....

Rob