lense size

What lenses will screw into a Ilex acme #3 shutter
From the data I've gathered over the years an Ilex #3 comes with threads that are 1.775" @ 48tpi (both front & rear).
Be warned there is also a dialset version of the #3 shutter which has slightly wider threads 1.785" @ 48tpi.

Neither are particularly common. and lenses will probably need to be modified to fit (a highly skilled job). Most large format lenses today use Copal shutters & it may well prove cheaper & better to get a new shutter rather than alter a lens to fit. The word is that Ilex shutters only have an accuracy of +/- 1 stop.
I would generally recommend getting the lens first & then getting a shutter to fit it!

Thankyou for your reply. I bought the camera with shutter and lense. As it turned out the rear element has haze in it. So I was looking for the cheapest way out. Again Thankyou

Thankyou for your reply. I bought the camera with shutter and lense. As it turned out the rear element has haze in it. So I was looking for the cheapest way out. Again Thankyou
Cheapest way out would probably be to clean the hazy elements. It shouldn't be too difficult to dismantle - just make sure the elements go back the right way. (Right way round in right order with any spacers) This would be a pain on a zoom but LF lenses are typically much simpler!

Most reactions

Back