Photos OK to edit
right now i have

rebel xti
18-55 mm
50 mm f1.8
battery grip
polarizer and uv filter

im looking for a better lense to substitute my 18-55 for my everyday shooting
(ive seached threads but did not find the answer im looking for specifically)
mainly i shoot family candids(just to practice) car photography, and i did my first model photography last monday which turned out good!

my area will just be around the car/model/wedding shoots, i doubt that i will go sports, or wildlife.

what do you guys recommend? 500$ to 1000 maybe

p.s. i like my 18-55, im just looking for something better, a better aperture, image stabilizer, and sharper image( based from what ive read somewhere that some lense can produce more sharper images, true or false?)

500 to a 1000(maybe)

thanks for the link mike

I've been doing a lot of research on lenses as of late and this lens seems to be a great lens for about $560 and it covers a nice range of 70-200mm. The only thing is that it doesn't have IS, but I'm not sure if that's an important feature to you or not.

Not to mention it's a L lens :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
IS is not the big of a deal since ill mostly be doing still photography, thanks kabex

what i meant was ill be able to use a tripod, sorry for the mis understanding

im just showing it, not buying it.

so its just a descent lense? compared to the 70 to 200.

if i get the 70 to 200, how many feet from the subject do i have the be?

I have a similar setup like yours. XTi with Kit lens and 50mm f1.8.

At this stage, I am saving up for a new (or if a good used one come around) to get the 70-200mm F4L as well as Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

The Tamron will be a drop-in replacement for the kit lens. (will sell the kit lens afterwards) And the 70-200mm will be pretty good for longer range as well as some portraits. And I am sure it is going to be great for taking photos of cars.

Most reactions

Back