lense uprgade question

okie here are my choices pls help me

17-85 IS
28-135 IS
70-200 IS

If you are shooting sports get the 70-200 f/4L non IS.

28-135 is a great lense but the 70-200 is very sharp.

17-85 is equiv 28-135 with 1.6 crop factor.

If you actually have 500-1000 get the 70-200 f/4L. Do you have a flash?

EF 24-70mm f/2.8L ($1159)
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM ($1,059)
(a little over budget but nice lenses)

Edit: it bugs me when he asks for a substitute and then people say a lens that doesnt even substitute it. (Different focal length)

"im looking for a better lense to substitute my 18-55 for my everyday shooting"

70-200 isnt exactly what hes looking for it seems...

It bugs me when, after we already have 3094934029350 of these threads, AND he already had a ton of answers spoonfed to him, he THEN lists 3 lenses in totally different focal ranges!

If I wanted to be a glorified google machine, I'd go to ChaCha and at least get paid.

BTW you can go shove it "prodigy". He actually shoots in conditions where a 70-200 WOULD be a better replacement for the kit lens for the time being.

3094934029351 actually.

What's wrong with his kit lense?
This was from Kit lense.
2608895173_c9367b9497.jpg

well being that his type of photography is so specific I dont know what to recommend.

28-135 is great cheap good quality lense. Walkaround and has been used at weddings.

70-200 is excellent lense. 70-200 f4 is very sharp i'm told.

17-85 is expensive but excellent as well.

sorry for the confusion

i posted those 3 to get opinions about them.

also sorry for posting another thread, i just dont have time to read through 10 pages of 20+ posts threads to find my answers.

thanks for the replies asfixiate

l

the 50m is a great walkaround and the 18-55mm is decent, mosta;ll my photos are taken with these two lenses...still have a lot to shoot with both til i buy something else...might just be me that i don't have cash...

hey axfixiate, liking your pug, can't wait to get one myself...will be a good few years though :( they look like great posers

Well if you are looking for a 28-135mm IS, I don't use mine hardly at all. I just haven't really tried to sell it. I can let it go for $350. It's great for a wide range of things including macro. Pretty much the only thing I used it for was wedding portraits and car club meets. I've just decided to go with my 18-55mm IS more and more because of the wider focal length and lighter setup. Let me know.

thanks for the offer but ill pass

the 50m is a great walkaround and the 18-55mm is decent, mosta;ll my photos are taken with these two lenses...still have a lot to shoot with both til i buy something else...might just be me that i don't have cash...

hey axfixiate, liking your pug, can't wait to get one myself...will be a good few years though :( they look like great posers
I used the 50mm f/1.8 as a walk around lense when I was at the Philadelphia zoo. It even worked great in nocturnal exhibit when flashes were prohibited.

I adopted/rescued my pug. Its the best thing you could probably do. Not sure if its just the States that does that or not.

She is a great poser depending on her mood. Sometimes she barks at the camera(pug thing) sometimes she just sits there and looks at you. My avatar was done with 75-300mm.

got the 28-135 is usm lens, and a 430 ex flash, 1 question about the flash, no i need to do anything before using it?

Most reactions

Back