lenses

Quizbiz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Canon PowerShot S1 IS and I have been looking into additional lenses but I really don't know where or how to search and what exactly to look for.

From what I have read, I think I want a macro lens, but I am not 100% as to what it does and how it works.

Also, one of the things I hate about my camera is the manual focus feature, it uses a small thumb pad which I hate. Are there any lenses I cna add on to my camera to help me adjust the focus?

I don't know if there are lens attachments for that camera or not, but it looks like it has a fixed lens.

You have a macro setting which allows you to focus on objects as close as 10cm.

It sounds like you would be happier with a true SLR camera with interchangeable lenses.

Do not buy the attachments. They are overpriced and degrade the quality. I have S1 IS and have tried using them. They suck.

They also have virtually no resale value.

You're much better off... if you're willing to spend a few hundred bucks on getting an SLR and starting accumulating lenses. This way you'll be able to use them on a DSLR which are getting cheaper every day.

I agree. The attachments are junk. Seriously degrades the image quality. You want to go with an DSLR. Its expensive, but well worth it. Plus there are so many lenses out there to play with!

it depends how much change is jangling on your pocket and if you are serious enough about photography to go for a DSLR though if you were i'd recommend the canon 300d or Nikon D70

Most reactions

New Topics

Back