lenses????

IF you are after sports avoid the latest canon XT camera (XTs I think it is called - its the 450D over here)
As it has a large photosize, but the same capture technology as the previous camera models in the XT line - which means that its frames per second are halved (that is 1.5fps as opposed to the 3ish of the other cameras in the XT line)
and for sports you need that fps to be as high as you can get at many times

IS won't stop motion blurr from the subject, but it goes a very long way to stopping photo blur from your hands! ;)
However speed is also essential as well - if you shoot from a support (monopod, tripod) most of the time I would go for speed (low f number - which is a wide aperture) over IS -- whilst the opposite is true - freeholding all the time calls for IS

Ehh its not a cheap as I thought, when I added everything up. Whats the best camera and lens package for under $1100?

OH god, here we go again.

haha, I really am spending waay more money than a 16 year old should on a camera but I want to pursue this and really want the most bang for the buck posible. I am open to all slr cameras btw. lol

the rebel isn't fast enough... but thanks for trying, how about a 30d? rfurbed for $639, is that good price, and enough to get some good lenses with it?

3fps is about the best you are going to get in this price range. The only upgrade really is the 40D which (I think) has 5fps and after that its the 1Ds - which are very very expensive.

The body itself is plenty fast - its the lens you stick on it thats got to be fast (and good enough) to keep up

3fps is about the best you are going to get in this price range. The only upgrade really is the 40D which (I think) has 5fps and after that its the 1Ds - which are very very expensive.

The body itself is plenty fast - its the lens you stick on it thats got to be fast (and good enough) to keep up

the 40d has 6.5fps, the 30d has 5

How do you know the rebel isn't fast enough?

Have I not been doing good so far?

you hav been doing exellent, so far. But I talked to alot of people that said you need more than 3fps for ca racing shots unless you have a really good hand for sports shooting, it's just a little compensation for lack of skill, lol

well I was about right ;)
anyway a used 30D or 40D is going to cost you more than the XT and its better to spend more on lenses than on cameras. Besides 3fps is still plenty fast for many cases:
here take a look at these:
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/galleries/fauna-geese_and_ducks_of_racconigi.htm
the top shot (and several others) are taken with the XT (called 350D) and its standing up in quality next to the other more powerful camera bodies - because the glass on the camera is top end quality. Better glass is much more important

IDk, also for track and like triple jump you need FAAST, I don't, I just really wanted the 40d and now I'm realising its too much money,lol so that's why I'm pissed, and why I will shut everythng down, besides the 30d which is the next best thing (in my pissed off opinion) lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back