Lenses

tb99022

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Nikon D50 and the lens it came with has recently stopped working, I haven't got the money right now to replace it but I have got an old Pentax lens.

On the Pentax lens it says SMC PENTAX-M 1:1.4 50mm

Is there any kind of adapter I could by that would make the pentax lens fit onto my Nikon?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Tim.

Your lens has a Pentax K-mount. Google 'Pentax K-mount to Nikon adapter' to see if such adapters exist. IIRC, such an adapter exists but there is a glass element in it to prevent the loss of infinity focusing. Usually, these glass elements tend to negatively affect image quality.

What on the lens stopped working? AF or camera functions when its mounted? Or is it a mechanical problem like zoom stuck or af is locked up?

If you use the Pentax lens on the D50, you will not get metering, no autofocusing, and the camera mode will have to be in manual.

Maybe describe what the issue is and might be able to figure it out.

I have never heard of a converter for Pentax to Nikon myself. How did your lens stop working is it the focus or is it every function that isnt working. If it is strictly the focus then you can set the camera to Manual and focus it, which you would have to do with the Pentax lens as it stands. Also you may go to KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More. and see if they have any glass there you can afford in the mean time.

Most reactions

Back