Lensflipper? Awesome?

Bobby Ironsights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone got one of these lensflipper doodads?

It looks pretty awesome. Other than the fact that it's on a nikon I can't see any downsides. Does it come with the straps for it and the camera or just the strap for the flipper?

I've got a t5i with 18-55 and a 55-200 kit and I'm always leaving the 55-200 at home. This seems like the solution to my problem.

Looks cool to me. Would be nice to see him switch from a 150-600 to a 50mm or 17-40.

Pretty neat for those times when you just want a camera and two lenses. It reminds me of another idea that hit Kickstarter about a year or so ago (don't know if it made it). It was a machined mount that you wore on your belt. You just attached your lens to it and let it hand at your side. This looks like a similar but somewhat more useful execution of that concept.

reminds me of derrel's double-sided, taped-together, rear cap, lens flippers doodad.

I would use that for sure.

I tend to be a bit clumsy now and then, (which is most of the time, according to my ex) so an unprotected lens on/near my belt or anywhere else on me would be likely to be banging into door frames, chairs, tables, park benches, or anything else within 24" of me. I've even whacked a lens or two while mounted to the camera that is in my hand or hanging from the shoulder strap (lens hoods provide EXCELLENT protection for klutzes like me!). So I've refined my typical 'walk around' scenario to a suitably sized Lowepro lens case that will hold the larger of the two lenses, and the other is on my camera. Works well for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back