Lens's for my KIEV

B-9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just purchased a Kiev 80 with only 10 rolls of film through it.
I was curious to what kinda of lens attachment they use? And who makes lens to fit these camera's?

Thank You

It's a pretty decent ripoff of a Hasselblad 500 series, but the lens mount and lens function is pretty different so they're (unfortunately) not interchangable. You'd have to go for the Kiev lenses, which aren't that easy to get. But... here's a decent link to which ones are available for the 80. Personally I'd scour eBay for them.

http://www.rus-camera.com/lenses.php?lens=kiev80

I think the 88 lenses are similar or the same but be sure before buying.

I looked into the Kiev as opposed to the Hassy, but settled on the Hassy becuase I wanted access to the easier to find used Hassy lenses. They set you back a good deal even when *very* used. I can only afford the cheapest 80mm lens, but one day hope to scrape enough together for a wide angle. For now I'm renting additional lenses for about $20/day. You could check with a good pro camera shop for the Kiev versions. Good luck and happy shooting.

...if I'm not mistaken, Russian and former-Eastern-Bloc cameras (Exakta, Praktica, etc.) all used what's known as an 'M42' mount; I believe it's a simple threaded mount...so all you need to look for is an 'M42' lens...

Wile reading an online manual, i read something like Kiev 80 using a threaded payonet type lens mount? If this is true, can i use the older Hassy lenses on my Kiev 80?

I noticed also that There are only 4lenses listed in the manual that fit the camera? Both Mir26B and 35 with the Vega12B and the Jupiter36B.

Most reactions

Back