Leopard Cub I Shot Today

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been watching this cub grow since it was born. He's getting big. Shot through a thick wire cage (distracting background blurred).

leopard2.jpg

EXIF: D80, Tamron 70-300 LD DI II, 1/200 f/5.6 ISO800 300mm handheld on a dark and cloudy day.

nice shot! love the look on his face.

Just for fun here is the unedited unprocessed shot. All work was done in Capture NX.

leopard4.jpg

I think its brilliant and you did a good job, but the composition would be better if you managed to keep the full tail in the shot. Excellent exposure too.

Great job with the background, that is something I always struggle with on zoo shots. Nice to know its possible :)

Wonderful! Love the eye contact it has with the camera, and those big furry paws show it's not yet fully grown.

Good work on the background :)
great shot (barring the missing leg+tail - but then I make that mistake more times than not ;))

I think its brilliant and you did a good job, but the composition would be better if you managed to keep the full tail in the shot. Excellent exposure too.

All things being equal, I would agree with you... but in this case there was a large black iron cage support there. Sometimes when shooting through caging you just have to live with what you get.

St. Louis Zoo has very little "caging", but this particular section was built 50 years ago and is of an older design.

He looks like he wants to play with you.

Most reactions

Back