Leopard from the Serengeti

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going through some old shots and thought I'd post these ones of the leopard I was fortunate enough to see while on a safari in the Serengeti. He was up a nettle tree noshing on a young wildebeest.

img4388pcrtc5.jpg

img4375prcr2.jpg

This one is just for scale, to show how high up the tree the leopard had dragged his meal.
img4362pcrho4.jpg

When we got there the leopard was already up the tree with its meal. I would have liked to see it dragging the carcass up there...the 'spikes' on that tree were big!

Pictures like this make me jealous!! A beautiful, beautiful one. Those Fever trees are nasty things!! :)

^^^ Yeah, my safari group was pretty chuffed to see it! There are soooo few left, it's really something of a rarity to see one. And it's one of the 'big five' animals that one wants to see when in Africa.

Very cool stuff!

Beautiful. Seems very exciting to see and photograph.

Dani

looks like they have cleaned Toronto Zoo up!

1st one is my fave

Oh wow that's amazing! Very nice captures. :)

Africa is one of my dream destinations for a trip.....probably wont happen in the near future. Hope there still will be leopards when i go there though. Else im just gonna take your pic and say its mine :fangs:

Love the colours in #1, and geez it really looks liked barbed wire in #2 (those spikes are insane). And thanks for including #3, gives a good idea of what shooting conditions were like!

Which safari company did you go with?

Great shots, number 1 is my favorite and number 3 really gives an idea of the strenght and determination it must take to get anything up there. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments!!! :lovey:

Kazoo - the safari was booked through GAP Adventures here in Canada, and they contracted with a local company whose name escapes me. I did the camping version of the safari, as opposed to the high-end hotel version. I'll dig a little deeper to try to find the name of the local company, as they were very good and very knowledgeable. We had a birder in our group and the guides really knew the local birds and could identify them, tell us about the animals and their habits and all sorts of interesting info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back