Leopard Kill

Dhaines94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this in another forum but thought I should post it here too. It's a large male leopard killing a large Kuda in the Sabbi Sands game reserve in South Africa. I was about 15-20 feet away when this happened. Here are 3 in a series of 30+ pics.

kill3.jpg

leopardkill.jpg

kill2.jpg

looks like something in national geograhic. i agree three is best. wow 15-20 is not very far away! that must have been pretty crazy seeing that so close and in person.

What amazing luck to be able to see this first hand. Not to be a nitpicker but it is a kudu not kuda.

I was dying to just see a leopard when I was in Africa, let alone see one in action.

WOW! I love them all. What a wonderful adventure. Leopards are rather elusive aren't they? How lucky could one be to not only see this, but to photograph it as well. I envy you.

Btw, was the it really early or late in the day? I know leopards are usually nocturnal hunters and that may be why you weren't able to use a faster shutter speed.

What amazing luck to be able to see this first hand. Not to be a nitpicker but it is a kudu not kuda.

I was dying to just see a leopard when I was in Africa, let alone see one in action.

Yeah - Kudu, it was a typo

Btw, was the it really early or late in the day? I know leopards are usually nocturnal hunters and that may be why you weren't able to use a faster shutter speed.

yes, early in the morning with very low light. I had the camera (D70) set on auto and just held down the shutter. I got about 30 or so pics that were worth keeping out of it. I saw about 4-5 leopards on this trip. If you want to see everything (Big 5+) on a consistent basis Sabbi Sands (Spelling?) in Kruger National Park is the place to go. I stayed at Ulusaba ::: Ulusaba Home and have been there 3 times. Amazing!!

I was in Kenya/Tanzania. My brother and the guide saw the arse end of leopard as it ran in front of our landrover, but I missed it altogether.

Would love to get to Kruger and/or Okavango Delta some day...

Do you have any other pics from the trip to show or posted elsewhere?

I was in Kenya/Tanzania. My brother and the guide saw the arse end of leopard as it ran in front of our landrover, but I missed it altogether.

Would love to get to Kruger and/or Okavango Delta some day...

Do you have any other pics from the trip to show or posted elsewhere?

I've got thousands, anything special you want to see?

That's awesome, would love to be able to go on a safari some day. I guess until then I'll hang out at the zoo :D

I've got thousands, anything special you want to see?

Wow thousands eh. I know that feeling. I have similar amounts from a trip to South America of which I have posted none so far.

I wouldn't know where to start with actual requests. I love leopards and wild dogs the best, any of those? Hyenas, cheetahs, crocs... I dunno.

Why did you only post these three of the leopard attack and none others? Just showing off that you got to see an amazing happening? :)

Wow thousands eh. I know that feeling. I have similar amounts from a trip to South America of which I have posted none so far.

I wouldn't know where to start with actual requests. I love leopards and wild dogs the best, any of those? Hyenas, cheetahs, crocs... I dunno.

Why did you only post these three of the leopard attack and none others? Just showing off that you got to see an amazing happening? :)

Wild dogs are the only thing I have never seen in the wild. I will sort through some pics and post them. I posted the ones of the leopard kill because I dont think anyone else has anything like that, but lots of people have pics of lions sitting in a field, etc. I will start a new thread for the new pics..

Mr./Mrs. Haines, I am trying to contact you in relation to this image. If possible, please contact me at gary_dot_aronsen_at_yale_dot_edu. Thank you

Most reactions

Back