Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Frequency Separation.

That's two words. ;)

= a very useful retouching tool. Thumbs up

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

That's two words. ;)
True, I've updated the title :)
I've watched tons of videos on this topic this week. I will never edit photos the same way again.

That's two words. ;)
I've watched tons of videos on this topic this week. I will never edit photos the same way again.
Okay, but what did you learn? And why are you never going to edit photos again the same way?
How does it improve your images?
What steps do you do to do this?
What tools can you use to accomplish this ?

Let me give you a couple more two word lessons - "In Camera" and "Lightroom". Learn to get it right in camera and to use the tools in LR, and you'll find less need to even enter PS. I was fascinated with frequency separations, even developed several custom actions in PS, to utilize them, but I've found after the newness wore off that the others were far easier and just as effective.

Let me give you a couple more two word lessons - "In Camera" and "Lightroom". Learn to get it right in camera and to use the tools in LR, and you'll find less need to even enter PS. I was fascinated with frequency separations, even developed several custom actions in PS, to utilize them, but I've found after the newness wore off that the others were far easier and just as effective.
Lightroom is one word. :lol:

Lightroom is one word.

Not if you're a real southerner, you can drag it out long enough that it sounds like two. :1247: How about learn to use "adjustment brushes" in "Lightroom" is that better?

what are we going to learn next week?

That's two words. ;)
Okay, but what did you learn? And why are you never going to edit photos again the same way?
How does it improve your images?
What steps do you do to do this?
What tools can you use to accomplish this ?
Good questions Astro forgive me for not giving specifics. Being a newbie on here I made the mistake of thinking everyone else already knew this technique.
I'll explain;
In the past I would edit skin surfaces using this technique

The issue with doing this is you lose many detail in the skin surface that makes the skin look un-natural & fake in the end.

Now I edit like this

With frequency separation, once you watch the video and learn the technique, the end result is that not only does your subjects' skin look smooth but it still retains details like pores which looks more natural.
Here's an image I quickly put together to help demonstrate. Now this is mostly preference but personally I think the new edit looks more natural
This is the shortest answer I can give, I HIGHLY recommend watching the videos I posted to learn more and the photo I uploaded to see the difference.

Attachments

• Frequency Seration sample 2.jpg
    Frequency Seration sample 2.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 136

Most reactions

Back