let me brag for a second...

urameatball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lawrenceramps.com
CANON EF 300MM F4L IS

The only bad thing is I have to wait till End of March until I receive it.
Apparently, a few of my friends liked my work and told some trackday organizers about me. Got 5 gigs to shoot at motorcycle trackdays lined up this summer with the possibility of another 6 more (depending on my performance in my first one).
I guess it pays of when you give your friends free photoshoot sessions.

I'm just hoping my 10D focus can keep up with some of the pro racers attending the trackdays. Don't want to be switching over to the 1D so quickly (although the focusing mechanism is simply phenomenal on that machine)... I'll consider the option when I start getting press passes to Canadian Superbike races :).

Can't wait!!!!!!
Dying in anticipation!!!!!!!
I NEED SLEEP!!!!!!

cool :D .. the hubby surprised me with a Canon EF 75-300mm (f/4-5.6) Ultrasonic lens about a month ago ... its a cool lens :D

shooting for free does pay off :wink:

fantastic meatball!
good to have ya back in forum too! haven't seen ya around here in a while :) definately looking forward to your up and coming shots!

I was away an a desperate attempt to build up an ego the size of mount everest. And now that I'm back, I can gloat and brag all I want... just kidding.

I've just been laying low for the winter months and now that spring is fast approaching, I'll come out of hibernation and start shooting some more :), and posting some more :), and eating smores :).

boy, I feel silly.

Hopefully I can live up to all your expectations :D

I need to have friends like you have! Most of my friends want me to do stuff for nothing and NONE of them have actually gotten me a paying gig. :( I am jealous! :)

Congratulations but what does it feel like to have a lens that's worth as much as the camera?

photogoddess,
I'm not someone with enough experience to be giving pointers but what I did was take these free photoshoot opportunities very seriously and spend LOTS of time/effort shooting and refining the images. It's kind of hard to be motivated without immediate compensation but I think the hard work shows in the photos you take and it will pay off in the end. And I think that's how I got a referral from my friends. Also, it helps to do photoshoots for friends who talk a LOT! quiet people can't help :p.

mrsid99,
I haven't received the lens yet so I don't know. When I do get it in my hands, I'll tell you how it feels :).
Right now, it's being shipped to my friend in Washington so he can bring it (smuggle it) back to Canada when he comes back at the end of the month. Saves me about $300 in taxes, shipping, duties, brokerage, etc.

Shoot a lot baseball this week with similar equipment (10D, 70-200 f2.8 IS and 2X) I think with good light and a little luck you should be able to keep up with the pros

The new D1 Mark2 is a nice camera but 4500 USD is a lot if you’re not getting pained. Ebay has a few of the old D1 for 2000-2500, IMO that a little high.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back