Let the fun begin.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so after all the talk on here and a lot of talking with my wife and some others off-line. I decided that last Friday, I would rent a 7D to shoot a h.s. football game. I felt that I've maxed out with my T3i, and have about 4 more games for sure to shoot this year. I also want to be able to get used to the buttons and wheels of the 7D format.

So I did that and shot the game with the 7D and knew what it would take to step up to the 7D body. The Wife blessed the acquisition, so on Saturday morning I pulled the trigger and upgraded to the 7D.

So I am out of the entry level body of the Txi's and into the next level. It is my intention to see what the 7D Mark ii is like and get one of those bodies about August of next year, to use as my primary body and keep this one as my back-up.

Here's an image from this weekend's game.

15620718271_dfa0bc8a38_b.jpg

Cool deals Ron.

How did it feel to have a bigger, heavier, sturdier camera in your hands? How did the sound of a 8fps shutter sound? Did the buffer ever get filled so you had to pause?

That so good to here. Looking forward to some great shots. Ed

Okay, so after all the talk on here and a lot of talking with my wife and some others off-line. I decided that last Friday, I would rent a 7D to shoot a h.s. football game. I felt that I've maxed out with my T3i, and have about 4 more games for sure to shoot this year. I also want to be able to get used to the buttons and wheels of the 7D format.

So I did that and shot the game with the 7D and knew what it would take to step up to the 7D body. The Wife blessed the acquisition, so on Saturday morning I pulled the trigger and upgraded to the 7D.

So I am out of the entry level body of the Txi's and into the next level. It is my intention to see what the 7D Mark ii is like and get one of those bodies about August of next year, to use as my primary body and keep this one as my back-up.

Here's an image from this weekend's game.

Great news mate. Planning on upgrading to the 7D2 around April next year, just waiting for some tests and reviews. Still on the 450D, might get some new glass around xmas :headbang:

Cool deals Ron.

How did it feel to have a bigger, heavier, sturdier camera in your hands? How did the sound of a 8fps shutter sound? Did the buffer ever get filled so you had to pause?

It feels really good. I love the sounds of the 8fps. I only rattles off about 5-6 pictures in a row so far.

[Edit] - I was at my daughters tumbling class this evening and thought I would test it out. I shot 21 frames of her doing back handsprings without the buffer stopping me. WOW!!!!

Last edited:
Were they large raws? I have never shot with one, but I hear them all the time while out birding. My 60d sounds like a toy next to them trying to track an Osprey.

Congratulations! New cameras are delightful. I can't wait to see more!

If she signs off on stuff like that, you may want to consider funding the upgrade by renting her out!

John, that's an idea, however, I better hang on to her. She may figure out that I'm not the catch she thinks I am. lol

That is a great shot Ron!

Congrats on the purchase of the Canon 7D! It's a Fantastic Camera. I have 2 of them, I use 1 and my wife uses the other. :) We always shoot in Large Raw format and it is very seldom that we buffer the camera out. We use ours mainly for bird photography, but it does a great job for other things like scenic photos and portraits.
I have always been told that the 7D is a Noisy piece of garbage when in low light and high ISO, but I have to disagree. Here is a shot of a little Humming bird that I took with my 7D at 3,200 ISO. If you look close, the noise is not visible:

IMG_8241.jpg

This photo was taken in a dark Concert hall with a Canon 400 5.6 L series lens, High ISO and hand held at 1/8th. of a second. You don't see much grain here either. :)

3228.jpg

The 7D is a fantastic tool that will serve you well for many years! Congrats with the new camera and I'm hoping to see a lot of photos in the near future. :)

Dick

Not a Canon guy (Canon Sith, Nikon Jedi LOL-just kidding) but I really respect the 7D, very impressive camera.

Enjoy your new camera, buying a new camera is Soooooooooooooo much fun :)
I know I just bought a new camera few days ago myself.
Enjoy it in good health! :)

wifes sometimes you just have to love them:adoration:, happy shooting al

Does the 7d take as good videos as the 70d?

sent from tapatalk using a Samsung Note 3

Most reactions

New Topics

Back