Lets add a button to the site.

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I say we add a "JERK" button next to the "Thanks" button. Instead of arguing with someone and taking posts off topic, just click the "JERK" button. Of course the stats will be kept like the "Thanks" button.

If you don't like this idea. Vote for the "JERK" button and make me the first recipient. ;) :lol:

Seriously, I think people would be suprised if others were honnest when people are constantly just padding their post counts and not helping the original poster in anyway what so ever. And there was a count of how many times an individual was considered to be not so helpful. Of course some of the guilty parties may consider a high "JERK" rate as an accomplishment.

Eh, oh well. Life goes on. Happy arguing.

Haha.. very good idea :) Although I think those people shine through ALL ON THEIR OWN! I'm a "jerk" myself.. in a sense that I do post unhelpful "This is amazings".. but I only do it when I really feel it. BTW.. IM A HUGE JEEP FAN TOO! My husband and I have bought, restored, and broke again 4 jeeps in the last 4 years. J.ust E.ats E.very P.enny =)

Haha.. very good idea :) Although I think those people shine through ALL ON THEIR OWN! I'm a "jerk" myself.. in a sense that I do post unhelpful "This is amazings".. but I only do it when I really feel it. BTW.. IM A HUGE JEEP FAN TOO! My husband and I have bought, restored, and broke again 4 jeeps in the last 4 years. J.ust E.ats E.very P.enny =)

Hahah, I have 4 broken Jeeps right now. :lol: Each in a various level of disrepair. Love them, but other chores need to be done as well. And since I travel alot. Things get put on the back burner.

IM A HUGE JEEP FAN TOO! My husband and I have bought, restored, and broke again 4 jeeps in the last 4 years. J.ust E.ats E.very P.enny =) Hahah, I have 4 broken Jeeps right now. :lol: Each in a various level of disrepair. Love them, but other chores n
Completely off topic, I would use my jerk button for this... :D

IM A HUGE JEEP FAN TOO! My husband and I have bought, restored, and broke again 4 jeeps in the last 4 years. J.ust E.ats E.very P.enny =) Hahah, I have 4 broken Jeeps right now. :lol: Each in a various level of disrepair. Love them, but other chores n

Haha.. hey its not a jeep unless its been broken and fixed by yourself on both occasions. =) We actually totally restores a CJ7 Renegade 3 years ago. His name was Rusty. We traded him for a dairy queen sissy YJ Jeep Wrangler. Even the 33 / 12 / 50 Thornbirds and spring over couldnt make that thing mean.

***ooopppps? I did it again didnt I?***

Haha.. hey its not a jeep unless its been broken and fixed by yourself on both occasions. =) We actually totally restores a CJ7 Renegade 3 years ago. His name was Rusty. We traded him for a dairy queen sissy YJ Jeep Wrangler. Even the 33 / 12 / 50 Thornbirds and spring over couldnt make that thing mean.

***ooopppps? I did it again didnt I?***

I had owned 2 YJ's previously and when I saw a TJ for the first time, I said they made it for girls (interior changes). I will never buy one of those. :confused: Guess what?

3 years later I bought a new one. :lol: And still have it. :lmao: But it's been heavily Macho-fied since I bought it. And it's no mall crawler either. It has more than its share of battle scars from the rocks. Wife has a YJ thats not quite as modified but enough for her. Especially when she takes mine any time she pleases. :er: Opps, hahaa I even forgot. We have five jeeps at the moment. Hahaha. :confused: CJ-8 (current project / basket case), Grand Waggy (can't afford gas for it), YJ (hers, needs some lovin due to rust starting to come in), XJ (daily driver for her), TJ (too big to get inspected :roll: trailer queen).

Guys I'm a little puzzled by this thread now. If it's about suggestions to add buttons to the site, then it should be in the feedback section, if it's about Jeeps, then perhaps Off Topic would be better. I do know it doesn't belong in the Discussions section though. Assuming no one has any other suggestions, I think it's going to be heading OT very soon.

Thank you for listening...

LOL i actually kind of like the idea.....

Though some may be offended... meh

*Jerk moment*

I like the idea... I know who the first two people are that I would "JERK!" ... As soon as it's appropriate.. of course ;)

Guys I'm a little puzzled by this thread now. If it's about suggestions to add buttons to the site, then it should be in the feedback section, if it's about Jeeps, then perhaps Off Topic would be better. I do know it doesn't belong in the Discussions section though. Assuming no one has any other suggestions, I think it's going to be heading OT very soon.

Thank you for listening...

BUSTED- :lol:

But I am serious about the button. I think a few people would feel some relief they could use the button instead of trying to argue out something in posts. The arguing part never solves anything anyway. And really the button would not either except for the fact that the person being slighted might feel better. :thumbup:

Hope you guys know that there is anything up to and including 0% chance a new button will magically appear. Just wanted to make sure there weren't any unrealistic expectations being built up here.

Of course, I do already have a nice BIG troll button, works very nicely too... :lol:

There's always a way to give constructive criticism. I hate people who hide behind "just keeping it real" as an excuse to be callous to other's feelings. I always try to gently give suggestions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back