Let's Capture The Whole World....In One Lens. (Nikon Only)

After re-thinking, I would not really like it to be overseas. Shipping is more expensive and people arent going to want to have to deal with that. If possible, I would like to keep it USA so everything stays constant. What does everyone else think?

Mark

maybe one of us in the uk/europe could try and dig out a crappy lens (i might have one somewhere) and compare results or something ?

Err_ok can i have a sticker ? :p

After re-thinking, I would not really like it to be overseas. Shipping is more expensive and people arent going to want to have to deal with that. If possible, I would like to keep it USA so everything stays constant. What does everyone else think?

Mark

maybe one of us in the uk/europe could try and dig out a crappy lens (i might have one somewhere) and compare results or something ?

JamesMason has a good idea....How about a Crappy Lens: USA vs Europe thread? Or is that too over the top? Could a Yanks vs British Isles war erupt?
What about E.U. residents? Would they have to pay shipping in Euros while those feisty Brits payed in Pounds Sterling? Could get messy if the thing were to move from the E.U. to a non-Euro-spendin' land... :lol:

If that happened, it wouldnt quite be one lens, would it? ;)

Mark
You are ruining our fun ;) We will just have to find a comparable lens....

JamesMason said:
Be interested in the product, then you get a sticker ;)

If that happened, it wouldnt quite be one lens, would it? ;)

Mark

Well, no, it wouldn't be "one lens". But how about "one lens" in terms of one specific model of lens that's an AF Nikkor, like the 50/1.8 AF? Those are virtual cookie-cutter lenses,and cheap too. I have a clean 50/1.8 I would be happy to donate, if a UK or European Union member or even a Canadian member has a similar lens...that could be thought of as a One Lens Model competition. This is your thread Mark. I will let you decide on how the rules/setup are done. Just trying to help,and have some fun with the TPF forum people.:D

I think that would be great if we could find the same model lens. That would work wonderfully. I dont think that youre going to find another of the proposed lens, though :). A Nikkor 50 1.8 would be great. If someone else had another. If not, we could always use the one you have and wait until someone does have a copy of that lens somewhere else, then kick it off then and there.

Mark

Found a 35-70mm AF Nikkor on eBay for £6 although it looks like a newer model... just have to win the auction now :/

I think we need to use a lens that not many people have. A lot of us all ready have the 50. It wouldnt make any sense to ship a 50 to someone who all ready has it. Just my .02. But Im game for anything if thats what is picked.

Agreed. I think we should use Derrel's lens, and keep it US. If someone finds the same model in another country, by all means. Use that there, and still post here. It would be like having a single lens. But I would like to keep it one lens per country/nation like one copy US, one CAN, etc. I would really like to get this thing going, so if we can agree on that, then we can get this ball on the road.

Mark

Last time. New Thread. Now that everything is ironed out and on the roll, this is the new thread, please do not post here any longer.

Link.

Mark

Mark
great idea . maybe the overseas people can get one going to so theyre not left out either.
canon thread
nikon thread
overseas thread

No. This thread. For Nikon. Here and overseas. Please view the new thread that I linked to in my last post. It tells about overseas issues.

Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back