Lets get a new lens!

Anytime I hear a Nikon user without a huge budget (me half of the time) I always suggest checking out the old Ai-S stuff as it will mount up and work no problem on your camera in full manual mode. Of course you need to deal with full manual mode but you can get some really really great lenses for next to nothing if you are willing to hunt around a bit.

If you want to go macro you can always consider a Nikkor bellows paired with any of the super cheap 50mm 1.8 AI-s lenses. You could find the whole set for under 100$ if you look around.

@benhasajeep @fmw @Derrel @jcdeboever @goooner

Taking everything you guys said into consideration.
I want to ask about macro as well. Macro is something I've been somewhat intrigued about for a while, but also quite sceptical.
You can get amazing shots with a macro lens, but is it boring? I mean.. It feels like it'll be very repetitive.
Thoughts?
Well a macro lens is not just for macro. A 105 macro is a good portrait lens as well. There is a whole world to macro. Take a look at some samples. We have 3 macro lenses. And we use them often.
That's something I actually didn't know, makes Macro a bit more interesting as well.. But like someone said, I have the close-medium range set atm, so maybe I should got for lenses with 80mm+? Tough call..

Anytime I hear a Nikon user without a huge budget (me half of the time) I always suggest checking out the old Ai-S stuff as it will mount up and work no problem on your camera in full manual mode. Of course you need to deal with full manual mode but you can get some really really great lenses for next to nothing if you are willing to hunt around a bit.

If you want to go macro you can always consider a Nikkor bellows paired with any of the super cheap 50mm 1.8 AI-s lenses. You could find the whole set for under 100$ if you look around.
Now this is interesting! I have nothing against a cheap but good fully manual lens. Thank you for this

Most reactions

Back