LETS GIVE THIS THREAD A LITTLE EXTRA!

Bram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bergen op Zoom, Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:x Alright! TPF (Photojournalism & Sports Gallery ) let's make this thread live up to its name.

I would like everybody reading this post, to post their favorite Photojournalism/sports photograph they have taken. Post it with the gear you used the conditions, and maybe even your inspirationa and what the picture means to you. A pictures tells a thousand words, now tell us the thousand words it tells you. Let's go guys I want to see some really Kick-ass shots here.

:x

I guess I will give the thread a starting point.

I took this shot in March of 09 in what was Sacramento's "Tent City." Probably my most powerful shot. I used it as the lead shot in my photo essay. She more or less represented the majority of the people living in tent city; young, moved a lot from city to city,a drug habit of one kind or another. She was very jittery. Always on the move and talking faster than I could keep up with about the many things the city should have done to keep the tent city in place while keeping it safe and sanitary for those who had to live there.

Shot with a Nikon D300, 17-55mm f/2.8 @ 17mm, f/10, to show the environment around her. ISO 1250 with shutter speed of 1/1600th, to freeze her quick movements on a cloudy day. Underexposed to maintain the detail in the cloudy sky and white tents.

082610tentcity05.jpg

_DSC7442.jpg

Taken with a Nikon D300, and an 80-200 F/2.8. Settings were 1/800th, F/2.8, ISO 3200 @ 100mm.

This was taken at the American Collegiate Hockey Association Division 2 National Championships in Simsbury, CT this past March. It was a breakaway, deke to the backhand and flipped it up and into the net. This was our front page shot for the school newspaper (I've had many more front page shots, but this was by far the best capture). This was at an "olympic" sized rink, so I had a little more space to get a shot like this...I don't think I would've gotten as good of a shot at an NHL sized rink.

Great shots so far guys I really like the story behind your photo Hooligan Dan very powerful for sure.

I myself was a hockey player have to say that was my favorite deke too. Always worked hah. Right now I am unfortunately at work so I can't post any photos right now. My main sport photography is Rugby and then Football. So I will post some shots I took last season.

One of my faves from today's race, I like the angle and the sky combined with the contrasting colours of the clothing/grass/sky.

985409683_dMivf-X2.jpg

I have a few favorites
I had a press pass for this shot that i took from a tower that was out of bounds even with a press pass,the year after shooting from here was allowed
I love the dirty water as the backdrop taken with an old 10D and 50F1.4
577327860_Emrp5-L.jpg

Favorite MX shot from a small event i was shooting
1D and 300mmF2.8L
138576468_nSZYc-L.jpg

last one is a cricket shot of ex England captain being caught for a duck
1D 300mmF2.8L and 2x extender
568921219_8a7Kb-L.jpg

Impressive action shots as usual Gary, I'm Jealous - keep setting the standard!

NH Fishercats game, Nikon D80, Nikkor 55-200mm. Not sure of the exif though. :)

DSC_0295.jpg

Tyngsboro Beavers football, Nikon D80, 55-200mm again.

DSC_0192-1.jpg

NH Fishercats, Nikon D80, Sigma 70-300mm

DSC_3548-2_119.jpg

Can't wait to get my Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 so I can take some serious sports photos like all you other guys! :D

Shot at the Bigfork MT Kayak races, I love the determined look on his face.
Shot with 50D and 24-105L.

883823222_cdVet-L.jpg

This one I call "In the mix" shot with 50D and 24-105L
868016530_MVauC-L.jpg

Whitefish MT Skijoring 2009, these are horse drawn skiers one of my favorite events I have shot. Disclaimer... no animals or humans were injured
during this event. XSI 70-300IS
There rest can be seen here.
777961681_SCro5-L.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some other stuff I consider to be my best potoJ and sports work.

All take with the Nikon D300. Sports stuff is pretty self-explanatory.

file0126edit.jpg

This is from a story I did on patients at a dialysis clinic.This lady was the main person a interviewed. She died the day the story was in the paper.

monanewt.jpg

lodiswimstart.jpg

040810loditokayswimming.jpg

This is the wife of a Cal highway patrol officer who was killed on duty
chpfuneral01.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some other stuff I consider to be my best potoJ and sports work.

All take with the Nikon D300. Sports stuff is pretty self-explanatory.

file0126edit.jpg

This is from a story I did on patients at a dialysis clinic.This lady was the main person a interviewed. She died the day the story was in the paper.

monanewt.jpg

lodiswimstart.jpg

040810loditokayswimming.jpg

This is the wife of a Cal highway patrol officer who was killed on duty
chpfuneral01.jpg

2,3,4 :thumbup:

Fantastic vantage point for the B&W dive shot Dan - why the conversion though?
Talking of water pics I'll add this here although I have posted in another thread. Not had a chance to do PP on any from the series as only took this afternoon and have been on family duties since I got back;

986851121_Uwe2R-XL.jpg

Most reactions

Back