LETS GIVE THIS THREAD A LITTLE EXTRA!

Just spent some time looking at the funeral shot - the focus, composition, col, w balance and timing combines to make a very emotive image - this is a valuable capture.

Thanks, Ady!

The reason I converted the diving shot was mostly because the color was flat and muddy. It was a very overcast day, raining off and on, and no amount of level, saturation, and contrast adjustments were helping the odd mix of dull colors. She was also pretty close to the water, giving her a nice, sickly green-blue glow that added to the awful overall color. With the black and white it made it easier to focus on the composition and action and the eyes aren't drawn to the 1000 different muddy colors. The sky also looks far better in b&w.

Some of my fav shots recently (might be a few repeats from posts, so sorry if youve seen before!) All photos taken on a Nikon D700, lenses are probably 20-35mm, 50mm and my 70-200mm. But i can dig up the metadata if anyone REALLY wants :D

First some news based images

1.)

051209_Hedges_DSC_5799 by David Hedges Photography, on Flickr

2.)

051209_Hedges_DSC_5695 by David Hedges Photography, on Flickr

3.)

051209_Hedges_DSC_8799 by David Hedges Photography, on Flickr

4.)

DSC_8033_Hedges_270809 by David Hedges Photography, on Flickr

Some documentary based stuff :)

5.)

Romania - 03/02/2010 by David Hedges Photography, on Flickr

6.)

Romania - 15/03/2010 by David Hedges Photography, on Flickr

Wow guys sorry that I haven't been able to post anything myself yet I have been caught up in my work for awhile there. Definately some very interesting shots here. Very powerful for sure. Keep posting pictures guys very interesting shots so far.

14.jpg

17.jpg

_MG_5038.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

aok.jpg

You know, it just depends on what's needed at the particular venue at the time. I've got a few used primes for dark venues, I sometimes use a Tamron 70-200, other times I'll use a Tamron 17-50.

Most professionals swear by something in the Canon 1D series, (or a D3 for Nikon shooters) and most prefer a 24-70, but I find I get as good of shots (and sometimes better) using my modest equipment. Some of my best and most memorable shots were taken with a Canon XTi and a used Tamron 28-75.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back