Let's Go Climbing

ctardi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, my usual subject is Rock Climbing, a hobby in which photography usually follows closely behind. I normally wouldn't post indoor shots, but will start with a couple from the Youth National Competition over on Vancouver Island.

I havn't played with these in photoshop yet, but they were just some snap shots that I liked from my SLR wanna-be.

75431.jpg

75430.jpg

75496.jpg

And just to balance it out, I have to post one outdoor shot. This would be from Squamish, about a year ago.

58734.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Whoa. Cool shots.
That girl in the second photo.... what does she hold on to? :shock: Is there room on that blue "rock" that she can curve her fingers around??? Else I really don't understand how that manoevre could work!?!?!
I really like the motion you capture here, also to be seen in the hand of the girl in the third pic.

And the last is beautiful.
A bit oversharpened, but the surroundings look cool.
But rock-climbing could never be my sport.
I got dizzy upon picking apples already............. :drunk: ;) :D

Thanks for the kind words!

That climb was the finals for her category, I beleive she was in second or third. Second in Canada means she ain't holding on to a lot!

I'll have to dig up the shot, but it is very similar to the thrid one, only the climber in the photo was standing on a bolt, which is illigal. The judge did not see it, and I didn't notice until after I got home that I even took a photo of it, but it ended up with some people being very upset.

I love that last shot. Again, I havn't played with it in photoshop yet (yikes! it's been a year...), I'm sure I could get it lookin a bit better. I'd like to do it again, and get more of the scenery. I'm not entirely sure that it would work, as the climber is only about a meter (three feet/half a fathom/10 decameters/0.25 rods[I Think]/1000mm) off of the ground.

Edit:Here's that other photo.
P1000618.jpg

This look a little bit better?
br2.jpg

Most reactions

Back