Lets go fly a (really big) Kite!

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by pharmakon, Oct 20, 2009.

1. pharmakon

pharmakon TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I finally got to spend half a day with my new 50D. I was on my way home from a few landscapes that I had scouted out when I came across these guys.

It was fun watching them and I enjoyed getting to try out the drive mode on my camera and taking some action shots. I didn't really do any P.P. Just some moderate cropping to make up for my lens limitations (28-135 IS USM kit).

C&C welcome, if you want to see more I made a photoset on flickr:
    321 Kite Surfing - a set on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AUZambo

AUZambo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i really like those shots. composition and exposure is pretty darn good.

Just curious, where were you when you took those shots? It seems like you'd be in a boat, but I'm guessing not since you just stopped to take these on your way home (unless you always have a boat in tow!). Were they just doing this that close to the shoreline?

3. pharmakon

pharmakon TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks! I was standing on shore with my lense out as far as it would go, and some of the close shots are just cropped really tight. (wish I could get comps like that in camera... someday)

They came pretty close to the shore for what they were doing IMO, but I really would like to get out in a boat some time because they say the wind is much better out in the middle of the intercoastal so they can really fly high, plus there is no dock or highway to worry about crashing into.