Lets hear it! C&C attempted pano

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, first try, manually stitching in PSPX2. C&C it up... please! Handheld this was. My fiance is from the mountains, so we go occasionally and I plan to get some more to work with.. this is all I have for now :confused:

I notice the spot in the sky, otherwise, I'm blind to anything else :lol:

pan.jpg

Not too bad. I would say the biggest problem with it is the horizon is dead center in the frame. Try to either emphasize the sky or mountains and ground which is what I would pick. Not really digging the foreground but I don't know if you could do much about that problem. Overall nice view!
TJ

Not too bad. I would say the biggest problem with it is the horizon is dead center in the frame. Try to either emphasize the sky or mountains and ground which is what I would pick. Not really digging the foreground but I don't know if you could do much about that problem. Overall nice view!
TJ

Good point about the horizon, I completely forgot that "rule". Honestly, this is all I have to work with and I had a few extra minutes and figured I'd give it a try, glad you don't hate it! :lmao:

The foreground does suck, lol.

^ mannnnn. I wanted to go snowboarding soo bad this year :( Got a wedding to plan/pay for though in May so gotta get priorities first. Luckily her family has come visited us. Coming up in April though!

^ mannnnn. I wanted to go snowboarding soo bad this year :( Got a wedding to plan/pay for though in May so gotta get priorities first. Luckily her family has come visited us. Coming up in April though!

Hopefully going to colorado in March for some boarding :D

I think in this case the Horizon in the middle is great with me. You dont want more ground in the foreground and the sky seems uninteresting that day. If you can get some big clouds one day then lose the ground and get more sky. I like the shot, although i think you could straighten the horizon a bit.? Seems to slant up left to right.

I think in this case the Horizon in the middle is great with me. You dont want more ground in the foreground and the sky seems uninteresting that day. If you can get some big clouds one day then lose the ground and get more sky. I like the shot, although i think you could straighten the horizon a bit.? Seems to slant up left to right.

good point about the horizon. mtn horizons are wierd though. :lol:

My opinion?

I wouldn't change it.

It is slighty above a "centerline". The foreground creates a line that dips way down below center. I wouldn't cut the tree.

Remember, rules are guidelines. Not hard and fast.
It's a nice pano. It's a keeper.

But of course, I could be wrong.

My opinion?

I wouldn't change it.

It is slighty above a "centerline". The foreground creates a line that dips way down below center. I wouldn't cut the tree.

lol man u crack me up ^ :lol:

as we all could be! but thanks for ur CC's. I appreciate them, and I'm sure you're not "wrong". Can their really be a wrong anyways? :confused:

My opinion?

I wouldn't change it.

I agree. Especially with handheld Pano's, you end up trimming them up quite a bit.

I think it look good. I would have to agree it would be difficult to always get straight horizon with mountains which don't naturally form straight lines :lol:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back