Let's Play Chess!

--ares--

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have never posted my work online and now I hope by doing so I can get some input on it. Most of the time the people I know just say "pretty picture" or something of the like.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2469/4028352104_2e422e8f08_b.jpg

So I hope that I can gain some insight on this photo. All I was doing was experimenting with the light and I popped my kit lens on it to get a wide shot at 18mm.
All input is welcome! thanks

by the way I am having trouble linking the photo.

Last edited:
great contrast, I love that the depth of field is completely in the middle of the board bringing you to the kings. Interesting angle/view on something that would normally be boring.

I like it too, I think a little brighter spotlight, on the dark side pieces would really bring this picture to life. Or readjust it to knock back the shadow on those darker pieces.

wow, well done man!! i love it, the angle and the lines of the pieces and board make the illusion of speed going through the pieces, am i the only who see's it that way? very cool photo!

What a creative composition! The size is a bit odd, but I like it overall as it adds to the feel of the piece. And the light in the photo is marvelous, casting an ominous feel over the whole thing. I loved it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back