let's really depress me

ack, mentos, that must be so so soo frustrating for you! But you are right, having alone time does have its advantages :)
I've just come out of a four year relationship, which i'm not going into any detail as its still fresh in my mind, not wanting to open healing wounds. We met in a camping trip in the middle of nowhere, of all places. It was fun. I've alot of good memories, and it was sad to find out how, some men find it hard to reveal their true depth of feeling, due to past experience and the unknown.

Ok, here goes........

I wasn't even divorced yet from my "practice" marriage. My wife had left and moved back to Colorado where we had meet. That was OK with me since I had realized much earlier that no matter what I did I would not be able to make her happy. She was just like that and has continued like that. Anyway, that's another story.:er:

I wasn't really interested in dating yet, I just wanted some time on my own to take stock and see what I wanted. I had even bought a "Around the World" ticket and planned a 4-6 month trip just traveling around the world with just me, my backpack and camera. Who knew what life would bring along the way?

So, I get invited to a "going away" party at a friends house which I later found out was a setup for me to meet this girl. I found out later that she didn't know anything about me either nor the reason for the party. So it was a blind date for the both of us without our knowlage.

Turns out we actually hit it off, I had a miserable time on my trip because I kept thinking about her. Called off the trip part way through. A big reason was her but it also had to do with revolutions and tanks in the street at my next stop as well as the 1st Gulf war screwing up my travel plans. That is another long story..... got some good pictures though! :sexywink:

The rest as they say is history. We've been very happily married for 13 years now and it just keeps getting better. :heart: :heart:

Kind of boring but thats it.

mentos, now that i look at it, it could have been a reply to yours...that made me laugh.
Alas it was for ferny, but lets say it was for you too, to make it even :D

Alas it was for ferny, but lets say it was for you too, to make it even
Are you saying it was wasted on me? :grumpy: :(

it was sad to find out how, some men find it hard to reveal their true depth of feeling, due to past experience and the unknown
Don't get me started, it'll get messy...

How Strange, my partner and I were talking about this the other day!

I got introduced to my girlfriend Mel out in town one night by a good mate of mine and we had what felt like a 5 minute conversation. We parted ways soon after and didn't see eachother for around 2 weeks. Next thing I know this unknown person adds herself to my MSN and (you guessed it) it was Mel.

We basically chatted for around 3-4 weeks before I encountered her out in town again - I was out arranging a car photoshoot and she grabbed my by the arm, dragged me back to my car and asked me to take her home. We got back to her place and I got asked to come inside (first time i'd met the parents), we ended up out in the back yard of all places and I thought 'what am I waiting for?' and asked her out.

March 20th this year was our 1 year anniversary. :)

Libbi and I are Highschool sweet hearts. She was just a freshman and I was a Junior. I kept seeing this girl around school and I couldnt take my eyes off her when I would see her. I never thought anything would become of us because of the age gap and all. A few weeks later I went to a party and she was there. I found out that one of my friends knew her. Libbi and I never talked that night, but it was the start because I knew I had connections now.

To this day I still tease her about this. The first time I talked to her was at school on the way to class. I said the traditional "how are you". She says "Im good...do you know you dont match?" She insists she was nervous and couldnt think of anything else to say.

For some reason I still went after her. I found one of her friends and got Libbis phone number. We talked for a few weeks every night for hours at a time. I had never found anyone that I clicked so well with.

I asked her out. We went to a park in town. Spent an hour taking a walk and swinging on the swings. I knew I was in when she let me hold her hand! I didnt waste any time either, when we got in the car to go home I made the move. It was the most amazing kiss in the history of all kisses anywhere.

We will have dated almost 7 years exactly when we get married this September. Its a long time but I cant believe how fast its gone. We have been through more than I can remember, but it doesnt feel like that time has gone by. I could never imagine spending my life with anyone else. She is so perfect for me, and we are so perfect for each other.

Awww.

*wipes tear away from eye*

:mrgreen:
That'sa great story, graig.

she grabbed my by the arm, dragged me back to my car and asked me to take her home. We got back to her place and I got asked to come inside (first time i'd met the parents)
I thought that was leading elsewhere for a minute. :oops:

Well I'm still hunting down the woman that I think could be for me.

Actually I've been feeling quite down for the last few days as a result of not getting things sorted out with her, I first met her years ago at a friends house, thought she was cute and chatted for a bit, we became quite good friends and all through high school I saw her every weekend at the pub, sadly by this time she had started dating the friend who's house I had met her at. That however did not last, they were quite mismatched.

I decided not to make my move when they split up because I was going to uni in London and I didn't want to just start seeing her only to have to move away straight away. She went to uni elsewhere and continued chatting to me on a daily basis over msn and occasionally on the phone. Over one of the university breaks I see her in the pub again and we got closer, little kissing cuddling etc.. Then when I try and pursue it further I find out she has a boyfriend at uni but things were going badly.. so I say she will always have a place in my heart and back off again.

Then a few months back she tells me over msn that she has split from her bf because he doesn't treat her well, so we get quite close again on msn. Then a week ago I came back home for easter and ran into her again, she was originally supposed to come visit me in London but I opted to stay at home with my family as she lives close to me I thought i'd get to see more of her there.

The times I did see her she was quite flirty but she didn't seem to want to let me get close to her emotionally. The only slight hitch with this is I'm totally head over heels in love with her, when she's about i'm smiling like an idiot and feeling great and then when she's gone I feel like someone has ripped out my heart and is playing soccer with it.

Today she has gone back to uni, we have a couple of weeks until our finals so I have to wait until after them to see her again, but i'm sooo confused.

:confused: :( :cry: :cry:

This is a pic of my current source of emotional pain taken last weekend:

claire1.jpg

just in case anyone was interested. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back