Let's Ride

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Naicidrac, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Naicidrac

Naicidrac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello All,
    I have been away for a couple of months, but I am now ready to get back into the swing of things. This is a photo that a buddy took. He is not a member of the forum, but he will be soon. I did a little work on this photo, but for the most part it was his great photography. I just wanted to post this pic because I love it and he is not a member, but his name is Pat and he gets all the credit.

[​IMG]

2. lockwood81

lockwood81 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    To me that is quite a cool pic, a nice novelty. How do you get the cartoon, kind of painted look?

3. Naicidrac

Naicidrac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That is a style that I worked on for three months to get it right. Now I think I have it down pretty well. There are so many parts to my workflow, but the biggest and most important thing is lighting. Ha, lighting is the most important thing in all of photography. Not only natural light from the sun behind the subject but also two speedlights were used. As far as pp goes, levels, curves, shadow/highlight, selective color, tweaking of local contrast, hue/saturation.

4. Heck

Heck TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thats a pretty cool shot. Looks like alot of work went into it. Thanks for posting it.

5. Naicidrac

Naicidrac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes learning how took around three months. Now I have it down to about 20-30 minutes sitting in front of my computer, but my computer is a little slow. I can usually tell just from looking at the raw file if it is going to be a good one to work on. Thanks for the kind words. Now I did some of the work, but really my friend Pat did most of it. The credit goes to him. I think he will finally join the forum now after I have started posting his pics.

6. boomersgot3

boomersgot3 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When I first saw it I thought it was something like a drawing. Very neat! Couldn't ask for a nicer picture. Love the sun rays as well!!! Tell your friend he is welcome to share exactly how he did it! LOL!! Love it!

7. D-50

D-50 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I just spend a while on a photo and I thought it was goof then I compared it and it didn;t even look close to this. I think this is amazing and would love to know the steps. I realize it takes a ton of layers and minute alteratoins, but what are the primary adjustments you are using, I can se where the highlight/shadow adjusment is being applied but I cant figure out much beyond that. Anymore guidence would be great, fantastic photo!

8. Mohain

Mohain TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Awsome photo, awsome lighting, awsome processing. Did you do your local contrast adjustment using USM?

9. LokiZ

LokiZ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    First thing that came to mind is... this is one D@#$ good surreal photo. Get's a A in my book great job! to both the Photography and the PP work!

10. DSLR noob

DSLR noob TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    good photography and good photo editing working together in perfect harmony.......

that is what you see in this thread

11. onefullstop

onefullstop TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Naicidrac for posting my pic and the work you did for me. You finally talked me into it and here I am a full fledged member and ready to start posting.

Pat

12. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great shot and excellent PP.