Let's Ride

Naicidrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All,
I have been away for a couple of months, but I am now ready to get back into the swing of things. This is a photo that a buddy took. He is not a member of the forum, but he will be soon. I did a little work on this photo, but for the most part it was his great photography. I just wanted to post this pic because I love it and he is not a member, but his name is Pat and he gets all the credit.

Letsride_Screen.jpg

That is a style that I worked on for three months to get it right. Now I think I have it down pretty well. There are so many parts to my workflow, but the biggest and most important thing is lighting. Ha, lighting is the most important thing in all of photography. Not only natural light from the sun behind the subject but also two speedlights were used. As far as pp goes, levels, curves, shadow/highlight, selective color, tweaking of local contrast, hue/saturation.

Yes learning how took around three months. Now I have it down to about 20-30 minutes sitting in front of my computer, but my computer is a little slow. I can usually tell just from looking at the raw file if it is going to be a good one to work on. Thanks for the kind words. Now I did some of the work, but really my friend Pat did most of it. The credit goes to him. I think he will finally join the forum now after I have started posting his pics.

When I first saw it I thought it was something like a drawing. Very neat! Couldn't ask for a nicer picture. Love the sun rays as well!!! Tell your friend he is welcome to share exactly how he did it! LOL!! Love it!

I just spend a while on a photo and I thought it was goof then I compared it and it didn;t even look close to this. I think this is amazing and would love to know the steps. I realize it takes a ton of layers and minute alteratoins, but what are the primary adjustments you are using, I can se where the highlight/shadow adjusment is being applied but I cant figure out much beyond that. Anymore guidence would be great, fantastic photo!

First thing that came to mind is... this is one D@#$ good surreal photo. Get's a A in my book great job! to both the Photography and the PP work!

good photography and good photo editing working together in perfect harmony.......

that is what you see in this thread

Thanks Naicidrac for posting my pic and the work you did for me. You finally talked me into it and here I am a full fledged member and ready to start posting.

Pat

Great shot and excellent PP.

awesome pic! and nice twist having the girl driving the bike. No offense ladies, just don't see that very often

Yes Mohain USM for adjusting the local contrast. Welcome onefullstop!

How do you adjust local contrast using USM?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back