Let's see just how friendly this community can be...shall we?

haha okay I can never tell. My best friend is a photographer and he's always poo-pooing the Instagram thing because he thinks it takes all the "art" out of the photographic process, but I've always just been like "well then why do you use a computer?" :p

Instagram doesn't threaten me, because to me, Instagram isn't about photography. It's about people taking photos of their coffee, their dinner, their cat... their cat... their cat... their cat... I mean I take A LOT of pictures of my cat... :lmao:, and about marketing.

Instagram isn't artistic to me. Instagram is the visual version of Facebook to me... which... is great... because Facebook bought it out. :lol:

Now... OKDOTHIS... *that*... is about being artistic.

But it's still not a threat to photography as far as I'm concerned, because a lot of what people post on there are photos they've taken with an actual camera. Not just an iPhone. Although iPhone photos are on there too, but most users post images they took a moment to think about... even if it was with their iPhone. It's just fun. It gets you thinking. If you use it that way, anyway. :lol:

::goes back to getting ready for work::

Hey Todd, you used two different fonts.

Who is Todd? :lol:

That would be me actually. The dual font using guy..lol

That's kind of easy to do on TPF. Maybe it's just me, but when I'm typing up a response, all kinds of crazy stuff happens.

Italics don't work when they're supposed to... Backspacing throws my cursor in weird places...

I think the Chinese take-over screwed up the coding, :lol:

------

Also, for anyone else who may be curious... I PM'd our friend here a few times and he's been very nice and accommodating.

So if there's anyone else out there that might be curious about what he posted... Just talk to him. He'll answer you.

Not everyone who posts here like he did is trying to drive traffic to their foreign phishing site, :lol:

Well not something I'd have much use for personally, and I have to be honest, the whole "brand new here just showed up to hawk my wares" thing is sort of a turn off for me. My turn ons are sunsets, long walks on the beach and bubble baths.

Ok,no, not really, I can't really back that last part up..lol

I thought Todd would be more fitting, since that was the name I gave him.

Thanks for that BTW Dad. It's always been so darn easy to spell.. lol

Say, can I get a bit of a bump in the old allowance? Need all the help I can get for the D7100 fund.. lol

robbins.photo said:
My turn ons are sunsets, long walks on the beach and bubble baths.

Ohhhhhh, such a dreamboat!

Well not something I'd have much use for personally, and I have to be honest, the whole "brand new here just showed up to hawk my wares" thing is sort of a turn off for me. My turn ons are sunsets, long walks on the beach and bubble baths.

yeah, that usually puts me off as well, but I was intrigued, and I spoke to him, and he seems much more normal than the usual hawkers. :lmao:

And you should TOTALLY take a bubble bath.

They're great.

Get a nice bottle of wine... some warm water... heaven.

Unless the tub is dirty. Then it's awful. :biglaugh:

yeah, that usually puts me off as well, but I was intrigued, and I spoke to him, and he seems much more normal than the usual hawkers. :lmao:

They're great.

Nice bottle of wine.. so your thinking, maddog 20/20? Lol

They're great.

Nice bottle of wine.. so your thinking, maddog 20/20? Lol

I dunno. As long as it's white and alcoholic, I'll drink it.

"Nice" to me is a $20 bottle of conundrum... but I am 100% not above drinking my usual $10 of Mondavi. :lmao:

I have the least refined palate on the planet. :biglaugh:

Nice bottle of wine.. so your thinking, maddog 20/20? Lol[/QUOTE]
That's some bad ****..kinda like Boones Farm an speed
Drank a bottle once. Wept for about an hour.
funny thing wasn't sad before I drank that.

"Nice" to me is a $20 bottle of conundrum... but I am 100% not above drinking my usual $10 of Mondavi. :lmao:

I have the least refined palate on the planet. :biglaugh:

Bottles? It comes in bottles? I thought it only came in boxes. Huh.. who knew?

Sorry, I nodded off reading your int...

Oh, guys, if I had KNOWN we were all into wine, this whole introduction would have been WAY easier and more seamless! Probably would have been something like...

"Hey guys, my name is Jonathan Alstad, I'm from Minnesota, I take pictures with my HTC One because I'm too embarrassed to pretend I know how to operate a real camera, and my favorite wine is Apothic Red!"

$ApothicWine.jpg

:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back