Lets See Your Camera

Impressive hardware everybody. Thinking that the next off the shelf will be this specimen of plastic photo technology recently arrived from a UK thrift store compliments of my wife. Need some pix for that ( uber cool or equally cheesy, your choice) Garage sale frame.

IMG_0067 sz.jpg

I feel left out, I don't have any vintage cameras :(

That and their Ebay page... or Shop Goodwill.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What would be the point in buying a vintage film camera that I'll most likely never shoot a roll of film with it?

I suppose it could be #1 in a collection.

Why would you never shoot a roll of film with it? The power is in your hands, literally....

Film isn't cheap, no one around me really develops film anymore either. It would be weeks before I see the photos.

Just last year I had to get a roll of film developed that had 2 shots on it and it cost $20 haha.

That's pretty rough. Ive got two local shops luckily. Scanning of the film has been good and not so great. I may start to mail it out to some better labs.

Agreed its not cheap, but there are places you can send it to for remote processing or go down the road of home processing (for BW). I like some aspects of film (mostly the fun) that keeps me using it.

That's pretty rough. Ive got two local shops luckily. Scanning of the film has been good and not so great. I may start to mail it out to some better labs.

There was another place near me that wanted $40 to develop!

I've looked at online options, but that was pretty pricy too.

I can't remember which place, but they wanted I think $38 to develop one roll of 35mm.

I mean I really like film and if it was cheap enough and cost effective, I'd shoot it once in awhile. But with my financial situation right now , it's just not logical.

Now if I knew someone who had a dark room who would develop my film, that would be awesome!

have you thought of doing it yourself? Its really not hard and you don't have to have a darkroom. A lot of people sell all that stuff for next to nothing on craigslist

Most reactions

Back