Lets See Your Camera

Lumix G9

G9handson-01.jpeg

That's a beast!

Yeah I can fend off thugs with it after photographing them @7FPS. Actually it becomes quite easy to handle after some time using it. If I could only have one that would be it. Versatile and sturdy but falls easily into my hands ready to work.

Picked a 24mm this morning

IMG_2929.JPG

I believe you find it fun and useful. Does the older version have the CDC feature? I have an Ai version and love it. Chipped it for use with my F5 and digital bodies. Works on my FM2n as well. :D

I believe you find it fun and useful. Does the older version have the CDC feature? I have an Ai version and love it. Chipped it for use with my F5 and digital bodies. Works on my FM2n as well. :D

CDC? Not sure what that is? How did you go about chipping it? Id love to use it on my F5 or D600.

Sorry about that brain cramp. It's CRC or Close Range Correction. By the serial number your lens (1972-March1975) is indeed a CRC lens as it was introduced in 1968. Pop the lens off the camera and look at the rear element while moving the focus to minimum distance.Towards the end of the focus range the rear element will move outward towards the mirror. This is what allows the short close focus,almost macro minimum distance.

To chip the lens you'll need to remove the rear baffle and machine room on this lens. The chip can be bought on eBay for $30 or so. It's programmed for focal length and f stop using a Nikon Digital camera. Look around online or these guys can do it for you if you're not comfortable doing that kind of modification.

You can use the lens on an F5 IF IT'S HAD AN Ai CONVERSION. I strees that because mounting a pre AI lens on the F5 will break the aperture coupling. But if the lens fits the FM2n w/o breaking anything (the little protrusion for aperture) it should fit the F5 as well. Only modes usable will be full manual and aperture priority. Metering is limited to center weighted or spot.

My 24mm f2.8 Ai
DSC_2878.JPG

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back