Letter Balls for C&C

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I had the itch tonight to take pics of something. Here's what I came up with, I was trying to work on my DOF. I'm afraid that I may have missed my focus on a few of the shots. Please C&C I appreciate all the help that I can get. Thanks!

NameBall_1694.jpg

NameBall_1705.jpg

NameBall_1695.jpg

NameBall_1705.jpg

BallName_1684.jpg

I think #5 is the best only because they are all in focus...

I would assume with something like this where you are spelling a name, you would want the whole thing in focus... Not just the middle or the ends?

Other than that I think they look okay ;)

but I'm a noob... so take this with a grain of salt ;)

my wife had mentioned the same thing. She's not a big fan of small DOF so I am looking to see what others think. Thanks for the C&C anyone else have some comments/critiques for me?

I like the composition on no. 1 the best. I think more DOF (as mentioned) with all letters in focus would look better. Also, the L on the right is half in the dark.

Neat shot.

3 looks underexposed but the rest look pretty good, although the composition could be changed up a bit maybe.

Not sure seems like something is missing imo, it would help if you listed your lighting situation

my bad should have listed that in my original post. I was just using my SB600 w/ a honl 1/8in speed grid ranging from 1/32 - 1/64 from multiple positions: #1 camera left, #2 above the subject, #3 again camera left, #4 directly above the subject, and #5 camera right

My first thought was what do letter balls have to do with bird seed?

My first thought was what do letter balls have to do with bird seed?

Ha ha, bird seed is the only thing I had around the house to keep the balls from rolling off the table. I thought that they added some good texture, but apparently you and bitter disagree?

Thats a good idea, maybe I'll give that a whirl tonight

Most reactions

New Topics

Back