Letting the ideas flow...

Diddy2theJJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, for me the most difficult challenge to portrait, engagement, and wedding photography is posing.

How do you guys come up with such cool and unique poses? Is there some sort of exercise that we can do as a photographer?

Maybe it's a combination of stress and wanting everything to be perfect, but it seems like sometimes I'm just blank when I need to be coming up with a pose. Like everyone's watching me and waiting for something. Or it seems as though my poses are too traditional and not out of the box enough.

I'm just wondering how you get those ideas...if it's just something that comes to you? Does it come with time and practice? Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Diddy

idk for anyone but my process in brainstorming a pose or idea generally entails looking at something in a new perspective if something catches my eye and relate it to the general photographic laws , composure n stuff...then i take the shot and look for ways that i can spice it up..but yeah i think it definitely comes with time and the will of yourself looking for new territory.

There are no unique poses. :lmao:

Every possible pose has been tried.

Posing is like anything else. You have to learn how to do it. There is a right way and a wrong way.

So how do you learn to pose people?

Buying a couple of posing books is a good start.

Go to Amazon.com and type "posing" into the search bar.

That will save you from wasting a lot of time using the trial and error method.

while that maybe true , the poses and angles may not be used in such a way as you as the thinking element behind the camera sees it, but yeah build up a general knowledge of posing from reading..thats how i learnt photography lol

Most reactions

Back