LF Shutter Problems? No more...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally added one piece of equipment which enables me to do a very thorough cleaning of the mechanical type LF shutters.l They usually get a lot of grime, dirt inside and it's pretty hard to actually make it all come out by just squirting Naphta or lighter fluid in them. Sooo... Anyone needing a good cleaning of their LF mech shutter, give me a holler and we'll work something out.

Is it a secret weapon?

I bet it buzzes when it runs...

One of those ultrasound cleaning tanks?

If it does plug in, please tell me you're not putting lighter-fluid in it. Especially not indoors!

I'm certain you're smarter than that but even smart people have moments. :)

No, no and no. It's actually a midget with very tiny hands and fingers that can get inside the shutter and clean it up for me. But I like the washboard idea. :lol:

Finally added one piece of equipment which enables me to do a very thorough cleaning of the mechanical type LF shutters.l They usually get a lot of grime, dirt inside and it's pretty hard to actually make it all come out by just squirting Naphta or lighter fluid in them. Sooo... Anyone needing a good cleaning of their LF mech shutter, give me a holler and we'll work something out.

Lighter fluid (Ronsonal to be exact) is great for getting built up grime off, though in the past I've found that it left a thin a residue which made my shutters seize up again in a year. To help this I now follow up the lighter fluid treatment with a rubbing alcohol bath. Last time I did this was about two and half years ago. Shutter is still snapping fine.

Most reactions

Back